Chapter 10: Starlight Town (2)

"Innkeeper! I need the most prestigious rooms!"

Tang Di Wan arrogantly said, putting down a whole bag of gold coins on the counter that blinded the people in the inn. The innkeeper fortunately wasn't a greedy man and calmly explains to the loud, young lady about the rooms not available for her unfortunate luck.

"Am I nothing to your eyes?! I am Tang Di Wan, the eldest daughter of the Tang Family and the disciple of the Magical Martial Sect! Your sect and my sect have agreements and if you don't get me those rooms, let's see what the Martial Elder has to say about your arrogance!"

"This idiot-"

Xingxing shook her head and stopped Lanying from going down to confront the lousy girl. Instead she went to confront Tang Di Wan calmly with a smile on her face, bringing the innkeeper a relief when she gave him a look that she'll handle the situation.

"You're the disciple of the Magical Martial Sect, but what about me?"

Her voice was heard by Tang Di Wan who looked back at her with a dispirited expression. Why did she have to meet her?!

"Yin Xingxing, just because you're the disciple of the First Elder you don't have to be so full of yourself."

"I could say the same thing to you. My friends and I may have taken the rooms but is my status any lesser than yours for you to make trouble in our Star Spirit Sect's town?" Xingxing walked closer to her and leans into the girl's ear.

"Or is it that becoming the Crown Prince's concubine is worthy of being held important throughout the land?"

"You-"

Tang Di Wan pointed her finger at the Starseer with hatred steaming through her eyes. Ridiculing her in front of everyone was a major slap to her face. She may not be smart but at least she was good at spreading the end of people!

At this time, Lanying and the two gentlemen came down to see the scene that caused the speechless young lady to look at Yang Tian. The First Prince heard her?!

"Y-Your highness the First Prince! Yin Xingxing of the Star Spirit Sect is abusing her status by accusing me of being too rude! Tang Di Wan was just reminding her that our sects' agreements of entries to our towns are accepted if we bring in good supplies to support each other's sects as brothers and sisters. The innkeeper won't let me have a room that was taken by her and her friends, so please punish Yin Xingxing!"

Xingxing looks to the First Prince with an amused smile. "Yes, do punish your friend for giving such rooms for you and my siblings."

Siblings? For the First Prince?

Tang Di Wan shivered. Yin Xingxing gave a prestigious room to the First Prince? Did she hear wrong?!

Yang Tian chuckles and walks to the two girls of different sects with a lingering smile of charm that attracted the other ladies within the inn to blush at his presence. He stopped in front of Tang Di Wan and leaned closer to her face as if he was going to give her a loving kiss, much to her shock and beating heart. If she gets to be the First Prince's wife, then that's even better!

"Blood Flames."

A red flame entered the girl's eyes and she quickly backed away from Yang Tian in fright. She looked at the prince holding the flame on his hand in fear and shock.

This couldn't be! He couldn't be!

"Blood Flames?" Lanying expressed her thoughts out loud when she saw Yang Tian manifesting the red flame on his hand. They felt rather familiar to her but what was it? "Why does your highness have blood flames? The imperial family wouldn't have this ability inherited from the royal line." She was in disbelief, yet felt that she knew the answer herself.

The prince's red eyes caught onto her blue eyes with a hint of gentleness to them. He swayed the fire towards Lanying and made sure he didn't hurt her with them. Yin Long was rather curious about the flames but didn't probe too much into it when he knew that the First Prince was going to reveal something important.

"Say, the one who can use blood flames are able to execute those who make trouble in Starlight Town. . .is that right?"

"That is exactly right, your highness."

The innkeeper was calm when he answered Yang Tian and looked at Tang Di Wan's petrified expression. For a person of the Magical Martial Sect, they should've been more observant. Even the residents of the Star Spirit Sect around here knew what's going on.

"N-No, please! I won't say a single word about what happened here! I-I'll damage my dantian! I'll do it!" How could she go up against someone like him?! It was better to be stripped of all power than to die from him!

Tang Di Wan's words made Lanying slightly shocked at the scene before her. Why is this prideful girl so cowardly in front of Yang Tian? Is it the Blood Flames?

"Your highness, let her go. She'll know her mistakes."

Lanying's words caused a stir around the inn. Let her go? Was she in the right mind? Even in this situation, she was benevolent?

"If she comes back to get us for revenge, your highness may as well not give any mercy."

Tang Di Wan looked at Lanying with malicious ideas forming in her head. Revenge? It will be a revenge against you for saying such things! You'll regret it for leaving her alive!

"Let's go."

Tang Di Wan and her guards walked out of the inn unscathed, making the residents in town notice their amity against some people from within the inn. When they heard that the First Prince had blood flames, they immediately went back to their usual routines like it was nothing.

Lanying and Yin Long felt something amiss from the people's reactions and went forward to Yang Tian and Yin Xingxing with many questions in their minds.

"What are you hiding?" Lanying gave him a smile, having him know that she isn't going to play dumb about what happened.

"How about you successfully enter the Star Spirit Sect first then I'll tell you?"

". . . ."

That was the day when she believed he was such a cheeky guy.