Chapter 9

Woohoo!  It's heating up between Ace and Hesper!  Just a chapter on their relationship development.

Please vote or comment :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

         “You are allowed to go wherever you like, but you need to stay with your partner.  Check back here at 12 midnight okay?” he finished and everyone immediately ran off into the directions they wanted to go.  Ace gripped my hand and I looked up at him.

         “So where do you want to go first?” he asked.  I looked around and grinned deciding on what to do.

         “I want to go on that one,” I smiled pointing at the roller coaster ride towering over the park.  He looked up surprised and then smirked.

         “Suit yourself,” he said leading me through the crowd and towards the giant ride.  We reached the ticket stand and Ace reached into his pocket and took out some scripts.

         “Where’d you get those from?” I asked suspiciously.  He smiled at me guiltily.

         “I came here yesterday,” he said.  He handed the guy at the booth the right amount of scripts and pulled me into the front seat of the ride. 

“Weren’t you supposed to be resting?” I scolded raising an eyebrow.  He grimaced.

“Please don’t let Hesper end up as much of a party-pooper as Hinda,” he pleaded clasping his hands together and looking up at the sky pretending to pray.  I made an exaggerated gasp.

“How dare you!” I said smiling and then we both started laughing.  When the ride was filled, the metal safety harnesses lowered down and I squirmed excitedly.  From the corner of my eye, I saw Ace glance at me and smile.  The conductor smiled reassuringly and reminded all of us to keep our legs inside at all times and to not stand up at any time during the ride.  When he was done he waved goodbye to us and hit the start button.  There was barely any time before we went shooting into the air and up the winding tracks.  It was an immediate adrenaline rush!  In a matter of seconds we had reached the highest point on the roller coaster.  The ride paused to let its victims cringe at the monstrous drop lying ahead.  I looked down and screamed in shock.  As I was freaking out, I heard Ace let out an amused chuckle.  I had no time to react before we were sent plunging back to Earth.  I screamed as loud as I could, not caring about Ace whose quiet chuckles had turned into hysterical laughing.  We slowly pulled back into the starting area.  The metal bars lifted up and released everyone from the death ride.  I wobbly walked off.  Ace wrapped his arm around my waist from behind and dragged me to a bench.  He sat me down and gave me a moment to recover.  I looked up at him and saw that he was smiling smugly.

         “What?” I asked irritated.  Momentarily forgetting my manners after the wild ride.  He looked down and chuckled.

         “That was funny,” he said bluntly still smiling.

         “Well that was a huge drop!  I don’t understand how you can be so calm and collected after riding that death machine!” I snapped back in embarrassment.  He sighed and rolled his eyes.

         “I have wings.  I can fly.  Of course I wouldn’t get scared on that,” he said talking to me like I was a child.  I blushed embarrassed and scowled.

         “Stupid, bird-brained, avian,” I muttered turning away.  He chuckled again.  After a while I turned back to apologize to Ace for my earlier behavior, but he was nowhere to be seen.  I looked around and spotted the back of his head in the food court line.  I watched as he bought something and walked back to the bench.