Chapter 3

Update again!  A bit of the Resistance's usual routine is shown in here.  On the 16th of every month they go to this secluded cabin and train.  It's kind of like self-defence class.

PLEASE COMMENT!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

         Before I knew it, I had spent almost a month at The Resistance, then one morning I was awoken by a lot of yelling and shouting.  I groggily sat up and looked around.  It seemed like the children were attempting to help Blade and Hinda make breakfast, but I could tell by their haggard faces that the children were causing more problems than helping them.  I got up and made my way over to Hinda.  She looked up from the mixing bowl and tried to smile, but it came out as a grimace of irritation as one of the children began to cry.

         “Need help?” I asked politely.

         “That would be great,” she said relieved.  I walked over to Blade where he was trying to unsuccessfully control the children.  I stepped in front of him and yelled,

         “Hey!  Do you kids know what time it is?  It’s 5 in the morning!  Go back to bed so that Hinda and Blade can make breakfast for everyone,” I scolded.  I watched as tears began to fill the children’s eyes.

         “Hey, I know you guys mean to help, but you need to make sure that your helping, not hurting,” I said more gently.  The kids nodded guiltily.

         “Now off to bed, breakfast will be ready the next time you wake up,” I offered.  The children all ran off to their corner of the base and hopped into their beds.

         “Thanks for that,” Hinda said walking up behind me.

         “Yeah,” Blade agreed.

         “Don’t mention it, I was just helping out my friends,” I replied.

         “Do you mind if I take a shower,” I asked politely.

         “Of course not.  Go right ahead,” replied Hinda kindly.  I grabbed my things and ran off to the bathroom.  By the time I came out of the shower, everyone was up and bustling about.  The children were helping to set the giant dining table.  The older members were helping with the food.  I spotted Ace carrying a giant basket of bagels to the table.  I ran over and helped him with his huge load.  He briefly looked surprised and looked over the side of the basket and saw me, he smiled and we continued to the table.  We gently placed the bagels onto the table and helped out with the rest of the food.  When everyone was seated except for us, Ace admired the table and gave a grunt of approval.  He spun around to face me.

         “Welcome to breakfast at The Resistance,” he smiled.  He led me to a seat at the table next to the end.  I sat down and Ace faced everyone else.

         “Dig in!” he exclaimed.  Everyone did as he said and began grabbing food from the middle and placing it on their plates.  Ace sat next to me at the head of the table and gave me a reassuring smile.  I smiled back and grabbed a scoop of scrambled eggs.

         After breakfast I learned that since it was the 16th of the month, today was training day for everyone.  I didn’t exactly know what that meant, but I followed everyone through the tunnels anyway.  After walking for what seemed to be forever, Ace stopped the group and flew up a wide tunnel going straight up.  We waited for a second, then a bright beam of blinding sunlight shined down on us.  Hinda and Blade lead everyone up the ladder and into the bright sunlight.  Blinking, I waited a second for my eyes to adjust.  I gasped in amazement once I could see clearly around me.  We were in a beautiful, flowered covered field surrounded by a dense woodland forest.  In the middle of the field was a little wooden cabin, simple but inviting.  Ace flew down from the sky and landed in the front of us.  He was smiling and had a healthy flush to his face.