This May Be It

Jessica ran into her house and almost burst out screaming. She was so happy. First, Jordan asked her out, showing her that he was actually interested in her! He broke up with his girlfriend to have the chance to be with her! Then, on top of it, she's going to be able to finish her assignment within her first twenty-four hours of connecting with her assignment! The only people who were able to do that were the Royals at any Acadamy. Explained why they think that Jessica would be the perfect fit for a Royal.

Jessica flung her bag on the armchair in the living room to the right of the front door and ran up the stairs to her room. The house that she and Gala were staying in was her old childhood home. When the Royals brought it up to her parents that Jessica was going to be back in town for an assignment, they left them the house to use and went on some cruise that they had been planning on taking for months. Either that or the Royals sent them away on a cruise so they wouldn't get in the way of her assignment. They probably would have had something to say about the fact that Jordan Pouers was her first assignment. Most people ended up married to their first assignments.

"Jessica?" Gala called as she made her way up the stairs. "Tell me how your first day went!"

"I hope you didn't unpack just yet," Jessica said with a smirk on her face as she began to go through her clothes. She needed something cute for her date with Jordan. She needed everything to go perfect! But she wasn't just looking for something cute to wear, she was also looking for her knockout potion that one of the witches brewed for her before she left. It would make it easier on Jordan if she could slip this into his drink and then she could take care of everything from there. But, there was still a spot in her heart that made her wonder if she would really be able to go through with this. Jordan meant more to her than anything else. What if he wouldn't be able to forgive her for this even if she really had no choice in the matter? If he hated her, at least she would have Korba and they would be Royals together. He just needed to finish his first assignment.

"We haven't even been here for 24-hours, there is no way that I would have even begun to unpack," Gala said. "Why? Did things go well today?"

"Things went perfectly!" Jessica yelled, flinging her arms out to the side and spinning around in circles. "He even broke up with his girlfriend and then asked me out on a date tonight! Here it is!" She pulled the vial out of her bag carefully and quickly grabbed an old silver chain from the small jewelry box on her nightstand. Quickly, she fastened it so that the vial was now hanging from the chain and threw it around her neck. She grabbed her jewelry box and threw it on top of her bag. She was bringing that back to the Acadamy with her when this was over. There were so many little things in there that she would be able to use to make necklaces and bracelets for all of the small potions and pixie dust vials that she had.

"So how are you going to do it?" Gala asked as she sat down on Jessica's bed while she continued to rifle through her bag to find the perfect outfit for her date tonight.

Jessica pulled out a black and white, v-neck shirt that formed to her body and a pair of hip-hugger, bell-bottom jeans. The outfit would show off her assetts perfectly. She smiled as she looked around her room and found the pair of black Converse High-Tops that she had been looking for. She had thought that she had left them in her room when she was at the Acadamy and she was correct. "Well, I don't know what we're doing yet but since we're only 17, I'm guessing that eventually we will need to get something to drink so I'll slip this in his drink and wait for it to kick in. If I plan it out perfectly, I can get him back here just as it's kicking in that way he's not in the middle of driving when he passes out."

"Keeping him from feeling any pain? How generous of you," Gala said with a smile on her face. Gala knew how important Jordan was to Jessica so her showing compassion for him was still a nice thing to see. Most vampires before they fully turned didn't give a damn about their assignment. They just wanted to finish it.