Chapter 18

"Of course he would want to be your actual father, why are you asking?" Norma asked, brushing the hair out of Dylan's face.
"Because he's having another kid soon that's going to be his actual kid. I was hoping maybe he would adopt me," Dylan replied, shrugging his shoulders.
Norma felt heartbroken. She hated that her son thought that Alex wouldn't love him the same when Eliza was born.
"I bet he would love to adopt you. I can get the paperwork and help you. We can make it a surprise," Norma said, smiling as Dylan looked up at her.
"Really? When could we tell him?" Dylan asked
"His birthday is coming up and if you don't want to wait two months, then we can do it sooner," Norma explained
"Okay," Dylan said, smiling and shutting his eyes.
-
A few weeks had passed and everything was calm. Norma had gotten the paper work for the adoption and Dylan couldn't have been more excited.
Norma now laid on the couch, looking through some magazines until an awful pain coursed through her stomach. Norma leaned over and groaned as the pain started to subside.
"Alex!" Norma called, standing up and feeling water go down her leg.
Alex walked into the living room and quickly rushed to Norma who was now holding her stomach and breathing heavily.
"What's wrong?" Alex asked, putting his hand on Norma's stomach.
Norma looked into Alex's eyes, "It's time.".
Alex's eyes grew wide as he scooped Norma up in his arms and walked to the front door.
"The bag and car seat. Where are they?" Alex asked
"The car," Norma replied, groaning as the pain came again.
"Alright, okay," Alex nodded and grabbed the keys off the stand.
While in the car, Alex called Maggie and told her about the boys and school; she could watch them while Norma was in the hospital.
-
After a few hours had passed, Norma was now holding her new child, Eliza.
"We did it," Norma whispered, her face sweaty and tear stained.
Alex had tears in his eyes and was smiling like a fool. His little girl was now here and he couldn't be happier. He never really thought his dream of having kids would truly happen, but here he was, three kids and the most perfect wife.
-
"Thank you," Alex whispered, kissing Norma's cheek softly.
"For what?" Norma asked, now looking at her husband.
"You gave me the life I've always wanted," Alex replied, a small smile on his face.
"Don't thank me," Norma whispered, now looking at her little Eliza.
"I have to. You gave me everything," Alex said, grabbing Norma's free hand and squeezing it gently.
Norma smiled and kissed Alex's cheek.
-
"Okay, I've got everything packed up in the car and the bigger boxes are in the moving truck," Alex stated, looking around the almost empty house.
They decided to keep the old furniture in the house and cover it with new plastic.
"You know," Norma started, "I'm going to miss this old, crazy house.".
Alex pulled Norma towards him and held her close to his side.
"Oh, I forgot something. Before we leave, Dylan has something for you," Norma said, looking up at the top of the stairs.
Alex followed Norma's gaze and then saw Dylan quickly walking down the stairs with a white folder. Once Dylan got to the end of the stairs, he walked up to Alex and gave the sweetest smile he could give.
"Go ahead, Dylan," Norma encouraged, smiling sweetly.
Dylan looked up at Alex and handed him the file. Alex took it kindly and opened with a wide smile. As he read it, his smile faded and he looked at Norma and then Dylan.
"Really?" Alex asked, his voice cracking.
Dylan nodded his head and Alex picked him up, hugging him as tightly as he could.
"So it's a yes?" Dylan asked, smiling big.
"Of course!" Alex chuckled, then setting Dylan down.
"Thank you," Dylan said, then looking over at his mom.
Alex looked at Norma and leaned over, kissing her cheek, "Thank you.".
"I only did a little bit of the work; this was all Dylan's idea," Norma chuckled, rearranging Eliza in her arms.
"Alright, let's get to the car and get to our new home," Alex said, picking Norman and Dylan up.
-
Alex opened the door to their new home. They walked inside and admired the grey living room. It was completely empty, the dining room was white and empty as well. Norma put Eliza's car seat on the floor and looked around more. The kitchen was red and the counters were tan. Norma walked up the stairs and walked to the light grey, master bedroom with two windows facing a field of flowers and tall grass.
Norma walked out of the room and walked to the baby blue room that Norman was looking around in. That would be his bedroom; the next room was light green and that was the room Dylan chose. It was identical to Norman's bedroom as well as the next room. The next room would be Eliza's. It was yellow and it would be painted over but for right now, it was fine.
As Norma admired the room, Alex walked up behind Norma and grabbed her waist, pulling her against his body and kissing her neck. Norma extended her neck to the side which gave Alex more room.
"I can't believe we got this home," Norma whispered, lacing her fingers into her husbands hair.
"It's our home now, babe. Our kids are gonna grow up here," Alex whispered against Norma's neck.
Norma smiled and nodded, "This is our home.".
——————
Like & Comment! ❤️
This is gonna be the end of this story. I plan on beginning a new one in maybe a few days, like this weekend, but I start school tomorrow, but I have so many ideas, that are crazy. I hope everyone liked this crazy story! 💞💗