Potty Training Part Two (Luke & Asher)

Someone had given Luke the idea to reward Asher whenever he actually used the bathroom. So he bought a huge jar of M&M's and placed them on the counter, where they were perfectly seen for everyone. Michael noticed them first. 

"What's this for?" he asked, starting to open the jar. 

Luke pulled away and glared at him. "Potty Training." 

Michael laughed. "You're going to give him treats whenever he uses the bathroom? He's not a puppy."

Luke set the jar back on the counter and started walking towards the living room. "If you've got a better idea, go ahead and let me know." He glanced back to see Michael shrugging his shoulders. "That's what I thought."

Asher glanced up from the cartoon show he was watching and gave them both quizzical looks. "What about treats?"

Luke sat down, ruffling up his hair. "They're for when you use the bathroom. You get a handful of M&M's." Asher's eyes widened at he looked at Luke. "Only when you use the bathroom." 

"I get M&M's for that?" He jumped to his feet eagerly. "I have to use the bathroom right now!" He ran down the hall, scrambling towards the bathroom. Luke sighed and got up to follow behind him. Asher still needed help getting onto the toilet sometimes.

"Do you actually have to go or do you just want M&M's?" Luke asked, crossing his arms and leaning against the door frame. Asher seemed to be thinking over it for a while. 

"I really have to go!" He said, but quickly changed his mind as Luke started to lift him up. "No, wait! I just wan't M&M's!"

Luke set him back down with a sigh and knelt down in front of him. "Does using the big toilet scare you?" Asher's lower lip jutted out as he stared at the floor. He gave a small nod, not looking Luke in the eyes. Luke thought it over a little bit. "Would it help if you got your own? One that's not so big?"

Asher peeked up at Luke through his hair (he really needed a haircut, but Luke had been too hesitant to take him just yet) and nodded again. 

Luke scooped him up, carrying him back into the living room. "Alright, we'll go look tomorrow." 

"Do I still get M&M's?" Asher asked, climbing onto the couch and sitting in between Luke and Michael. 

"If you earn them." Luke answered, earning a big smile from the little guy.