New Glasses (Ashton & Kadia)

Kadia turned out to be just as blind as Ashton, which seemed to be a perfect example for that saying: "the apple doesn't fall from the tree." And just like Ashton, she didn't like wearing her glasses.
"I don't want to." Kadia grumbled, moving her face away from Ashton's hands. He'd been trying to put her glasses on for her, but she was resisting in every way possible.
"You have to. You can't see without them." Ashton responded, giving her an annoyed glare. "Just put them on, Kadia."
She pouted, taking the glasses from him and sliding them onto her face.
"They look fine." Ashton said, gently pushing her glasses up the bridge of her nose. "What are you so worried about?"
"They do not look fine, Daddy. I look like a nerd." Kadia pouted as Ashton stood up and grabbed her backpack.
"Fine, well hurry up or you'll miss the bus, nerd." He poked her nose playfully, making her crinkle up her face and stick her tongue out at him. She left for school, skipping and stumbling as she struggled to keep her glasses on her face with every movement.
She came up, dragging her feet and keeping her head bowed.
Ashton could tell right away that something was wrong. He knelt down in front of her, examining her expression. The first thing he noticed that she wasn't wearing her glasses. The second was that there were tears in her eyes.
"What happened?" he asked slowly.
Kadia handed him the paper she'd been carrying. It was a multiplication test and apparently she hadn't done too well on it.
Ashton examined it for a moment. They had been working on multiplication for a while now and Kadia had known what she was doing when Ashton had quizzed her. So he knew she hadn't failed because she didn't know what to do.
"Where are your glasses?" Kadia frowned, reaching into her coat pocket and pulling out the pair of glasses that she despised. "Did you fail the test because you couldn't see?" She nodded. "Next time, are you going to wear your glasses?" She nodded again. "Good." Ashton ruffled up her hair. "You'll get use to these, I promise."