III

"What the hell are these rumors?" Audrey exclaimed, her ears already turning red and Mal was pretty sure that actual steam was coming out of her nose. It wasn't a pretty sight.

And look, of course Mal tried to run from it but she was stuck as Evie glared at her. The one person she was afraid of, glaring at her.

"Mal Bertha Moors, I swear to your dad that if you don't fix this, I will make you sleep outside." An empty threat from Evie but still, Mal was petrified so all she could do was nod.

It didn't take long before everyone was calmed down and apologizing to Mal. Everyone except Evie. It didn't take long for her to pull Mal aside, the smaller girl petrified as the designer huffs and shoves her to the nearest leaf pile.

"Mal, I don't understand how you trusted me with the secret to who your dad was and this you can't tell me!" She whispers exasperatedly, Mal flinches away from her, cradling her arm as she plops down.

"Because, E. That recording was way back before we were even friends. I was talking about you." It was a brief explanation, Evie tilts her head, she didn't know what she had to feel, "You like me?"

And then that's when Mal realizes what she's just said. She frantically shakes her head 'No' as Evie sighs out in relief. "I liked you to be on my gang. That was literally a night away from me asking you to join us."

Evie nods her head in understandment, finally relaxing as she sat beside Mal. Both staring at the vast ocean of stars that are starting to appear on the night sky. "So, I assume that I can trust you on this?" It was above a whisper and Evie can't help but etch a grin on her face. "Yeah, sure."

To say that Mal was relieved was an understatement. She thought she was fine but no, Mal's fucked.

Why you ask? The tormenting of the paparazzi didn't stop. Everyone, including the boys were being followed everywhere they went.

That's why Mal decided to go to the one person she knew she can get some decent advice from.

The gates of hell were just like what the books tell you. It was dark, dreary and cold. The moment your feet touches the ground you're wallowed in a pit of flames. It was odd, the coldness and emptiness colliding with the scalding heat of fire.

That's just one of the many reason why she won't let her friends come visit her while she was down here. She had a kingdom here. A kingdom filled with dead souls and fire. She was the princess and heir of the Underworld but she didn't want it.

Mal looks around for the familiar faceless figure of her father's ferryman, Charon. She sighs in relief when the flames came off, approaching the river, she stepped on the boat, flashing her ember as the faceless figure let out an inhumane sound.

Hades sat on his throne, getting tired of the blabbering his brothers are creating. That's when a mop of purple hair appeared, simply sitting on Cerberus as the dog squeaked, wagging its tail from side to side, happy to see the princess.

Mal got down, bowing down to her uncles as Hades greeted her with a hug. He clears his throat before whispering down to his daughter, "I'd give you one of Cerby's puppies if you make your uncles go away."

It was barely audible but Mal heard it, and just one look at her father's clearly tired and annoyed demeanor, she complied. She took one look at Charon and soon enough, Zeus and Poseidon were out.

"Holy Lucifer, I thought they weren't going to leave me alone." He sighs exasperatedly as Mal sat down on one of the more comfortable seats inside the Underworld. Hades knew his daughter. She wouldn't come here without any reason. Besides, it's not like he haven't seen the news reports yet.