:Chapter Fourteen:

The Sunday sun was comforting as I helped Iori-san tend to the flowers. He was in charge of the flowers and I decided to help. Ema-chan and Rei-chan helped with lunch and Ai-chan started tutoring Asahina-kun and Wataru-kun. It was hell for the older Asahina as Ai-chan became Spartan. But she was soft when it came to the ten-year old.

"Thank you for the help, Takahashi-san." Iori-san smiled as he held the watering pot in one hand.

I returned his smile while holding a pair of scissors. "It's nothing. Flowers are pretty and interesting."

"Yes, they are." He nodded in agreement.

I had my eyes on the flowers again, removing any dead leaves or flowers when I remembered something. "There's a meaning behind these flowers right?"

"Do you meab language of flowers?" Iori-san said without taking his eyes off of the flowers. "Yes, there is."

I hummed, remembering a new fact. It would be interesting to pass on messages using flowers, but that would require a vast knowledge regarding flowers and their meaning.

Iori-san had a lot of flowers. Tulips, irises, orchids, and daffodils to name a few. They were blooming beautifully as we tended to them. I never had a thing with flowers but seeing then now made me want to have my own garden.

Iori-san and I were conversing as we watered the flowers when Ema-chan called for lunch. We dropped the gardening tools and placed them properly on the ground. The both of us jogged to where Ema-chan was and entered the establishment.

The dining area wasn't filled with all the brothers as some were away due to work, but it was enough to be filled with chatters. Chatters that were alien to me as I was used to silence when eating. I've been here for two days and two nights already, but I was still not used to the friendly atmosphere of the Asahina siblings. No wonder Ema-chan loved it here.

I sat on my seat, Ema-chan beside me, as Iori-san took the seat on my left and we started a conversation as two other of their siblings finally came with a box of dessert.

"Louis-san!" Ema-chan greeted with a beam as one of them approached the dining table with a squirrel on his shoulder. "Juli, where have you gone off to again?"

"I was with Louis," The squirrel explained. "We're doing some stuff."

"Ah," Ema-chan said, remembering something. "I haven't introduced Louis-san to you, right?" I nodded. "Rin-chan, this is Louis-san. He works as a hairdresser."

"Good morning, Louis-san," I greeted the man and he smiled back.

"Good morning, Rin-chan."

I felt awkward as he smiled at me. But it wasn't just awkwardness I felt towards him. He was gentle and had the air of an onii-san. Like how a brother should treat his younger sister. To protect her from anything that can hurt her.

Unlike my stepbrothers.

Slowly the tables were getting filled by the Asahins brothers. Along with them were Ai-chan and Rei-chan, who chose their seats closer to me. The table was getting rowdy because of the young men but it was better than a silent lunch. They would talk and I'd be sitting there with a smile.

When lunch was over, some of the brothers immediately went to the living room to play games with the youngest, while us girls and Ukiyo-san stayed to clean up. Louis-san was at the table with a cup of tea. We were finishing up when the door bell suddenly rang. With the last plate placed on the shelf, we went to the living room to join the others when a familiar face stood there with Kaname-san.

"Setsuko-san?" I gasped. Who wouldn't be shocked when he stood there with an apologetic gaze. Well, maybe it wouldn't be shocking since Setsuko-san was the nicest of the Kinoshita brothers, but it was still shocking because I thought he didn't have even an inkling of care for me.