Through His Eyes

𝚂𝚘𝚗𝚐 : 𝙻𝚘𝚗𝚎𝚕𝚢 - 𝚋𝚢 𝙽𝚊𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚗 𝚆𝚊𝚐𝚗𝚎𝚛

" 𝕊𝕠 𝕎𝕙𝕠 ℂ𝕒𝕟 𝕊𝕥𝕠𝕡 𝕄𝕖 𝕀𝕗 𝕀 𝔻𝕖𝕔𝕚𝕕𝕖

𝕋𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕐𝕠𝕦'𝕣𝕖 𝕄𝕪 𝔻𝕖𝕤𝕥𝕚𝕟𝕪? "

𝕄𝔼𝔾𝔸𝕋ℝ𝕆ℕ allowed his pedes to lead him to Rung's office, he hoped muscle memory would do him well, as his mind was a bit occupied. Thoughts of them became uncontrollable, he couldn't force himself out of his reminiscing - if he could even call it that. Instead he tried to remember the brighter days they shared. The few filled with smiles as they moved along the surface of the world - something rare for a miner such as himself.

Without realizing it, the door to Rung's office slid open. Rung placed his model Ark back on the shelf with the several other ships, gently laying it in order as he turned around to Megatron. "Nice to see you again, Megatron." He said as he pulled his chair along, "Take a seat and we can resume where we did previously."

In that moment Megatron had forgotten when he had last met with Rung. Had it been a day? A week maybe? It couldn't have possibly been a month - that was absurd. Though, it felt almost like a millennia; his time perception always shifted, even momentarily, when he thought of his past.

Without a word, he moved to take a seat where he had previously; in the same exact position, with a less terrified expression, but the same fears. The fear of resurfacing the unforgivable actions of his past and who was thrown away for his lost cause. But the progress of all living beings was to overcome their fears, whatever they may be.

"I suppose I should begin with answering your question from yesterday." Megatron finally said, cutting through the deafening silence.

Rung did nothing but listen to him, activating his natural reaction of suspicion and uncertainty. Eons of being a warmonger had taken its toll, and he found himself looking desperately for any indications on Rung's face. Nothing betrayed the psychologist's original intentions - to help, but that's what Megatron feared. The unconditional want to help someone - it had been years since he last saw it directed at him - and even then he had quickly stomped it out to the best of his ability.

"The day I met you was the day I was arrested. It was the day that had changed my life in several ways. One of them was because of... because of (Y/N)." He had finally spoken their name, but it felt almost sin to do so.

"I remember the bar fight beginning - a friend of mine - Impactor, had jumped into the fray of it. I remember ducking for cover, hoping the chaos would pass. And then (Y/N) ran in. I was so afraid that they would be harmed in the middle of it all that - that I pushed them back out of the bar.

(Y/N) was more fragile than the normal miner types. They weren't made for mining at all. Their alt-mode betrayed their profession and anyone who saw them working in the mines would assume that they were a criminal put to work, but (Y/N) wasn't. They were forged in the mines and stayed there by choice. They had the chance to move higher along the caste system, but decided against it.