Luke Hemmings

QOTD- do tog have any pets?

I have 2 cats and a dog

_____________________

You stand in line at Starbucks while looking at the board, deciding what you want. You don't come to Starbucks often so you didn't know what to get. You were desperate for coffee though, a long night of studying the night before had you drained.

You bit your lip contemplating what to get when somebody knocked into you, spilling their drink on you. You gasp, the boiling water scolding your skin.

"I'm so sorry!" A familiar voice apologizes. You freeze, terrified that the person you're thinking of is standing right in front of you. "Y/n?" They whisper.

Your body finally starts working again and you find yourself sprinting towards the door. "Y/n! Wait!" They call after you. You bolt out the door but you aren't quick enough, his long legs giving him an advantage. He reaches for your wrist and stops you from running away.

"What Luke," you hiss, your voice laced with venom. You finally look at his face, his normally warm blue eyes cold and sad. There are noticeable bags under his eyes and he looks as if he hasn't seen the sun in years.

He stops right in front of you, taking in your appearance. You suddenly get self conscious. You are well aware of how awful you look, the break up and school taking it's toll on you. "I'm-I'm sorry," he whispers once again.

You nod your head, taking the double meaning behind his words. He's sorry for leaving you alone. He's sorry for ignoring you. He's sorry for breaking up with you over text. He's sorry for not being there when you needed him most. He's sorry for breaking his promise, to love you forever.

One stray tear runs down your face but you don't wipe it away. You let Luke know how much he hurt you. He seems to get the message. You turn to walk away when he calls out again. "I still love you!"

Your heart clenches, the words stabbing you. This time more tears fall. You turn around and look at him. "If you loved me, why'd you leave me?" You whisper the first sentence you've said to him in months.

He shrugs, his sad eyes meeting your tired ones. "I couldn't keep hurting you. You think I didn't know about all the times you cried yourself to sleep when I wasn't there. Long distance wasn't working for either of us. I just- I couldn't do it anymore."

You fold your hands together, trying to conceal how much they were shaking. "So you thought ignoring me and then breaking up with me over text was better! You could have at least called! A simple phone call! I thought I did something wrong! I thought that this was all my fault and I beat myself up over it for weeks!" You yell. He walks closer to you and wipes the tears of your face. With no energy left to pull away, you stand there and let him.

"I'm so sorry. So so sorry. I didn't know," he says. He pulls you into a hug and you guys stand there outside Starbucks, crying and hugging.

"I love you too." You whisper.

_______________________

My birthdays tomorrow! 🎉

Comment what you thought!