Disaster Zone

[Bit of a long, dramatic one. Enjoy!]

They say bad things come in threes. Today three bad things happened to me today. Well, two for definite, the third, I'll find out.

I woke up to Mingus scattering around my room. He was on his hands and knees looking for something.

"Mingy," I groaned, my face downwards at the pillow. "Mingus get out of my bedroom now."

"I've lost Mack," he grumbled, lifting up my jeans from yesterday. Mack was his lizard he found. He's such a dork. "He might've crawled under your bed."

"Mingus Lucien Reedus get the hell out of my room," I screamed, sitting up. He got up onto his knees, blinked at me slightly, and continued his search.

"I swear to all that is holy," I said, getting up on my feet. "Dad," I yelled through the house. "Get Mingus out of my goddamn room."

"Skye Reedus-McBride," Melissa scolded through her teeth, poking her head through the door. "Mack's in the terrarium in the lounge, your father was cleaning the one in your room out, now please get out of Skye's bedroom."

"Okay," he smiled, pulling my covers off me as he went. I groaned at him and rubbed my eyes intently, my eyes making popping noises. "Later taters."

Melissa sighed, rubbing her temple carefully. From where we were, we could hear Norman talking loudly down the phone. She took a seat on my bed before laying down next to me, her little bump showing.

"What's happening?" I asked. "Who's Norman on the phone to?"

"Promise you won't say anything to Mingus? Promise me?"

"I promise, Mom, just tell me."

"It's Helena," he whispered. "She found out about Mingus doing the shoot. Norman forgot to consult with Helena and she's taking ... legal action."

"Legal action," I screeched. "What the hell do you mean by legal action. What's so wrong with Mingus doing a photo shoot for crying out loud?"

"Calm down sweetheart," she said, cradling my head close to her chest. "Now, Norman and Helena both signed in the custody agreement that if Mingus was to partake in any public affairs it was to be discussed between both parents. Norman didn't call Helena about it and she's beyond furious."

"But why?" I asked, still trying to process is. "I don't..."

"And neither to I," she said, butting in. "But you know what? Parents do crazy things for their children."

She lifted her hand to her stomach and kissed me on the head. Mingus entered my room, looking at his feet.

"I'm sorry for waking you sis," he said, coming closer. "I didn't mean to make you mad."

"Come here," Melissa said, opening her other arm. She kissed him on the head too and we lay there, giggling about Norman and the cast and Eye in the Dark.

"What's going on in --"

Norman stopped, a smile creeping on his face. He pulled out his camera and took a photo of us and then a selfie.

"Let's go get waffles," he suggested, rubbing his hands together.

~~~

We sat at a diner. It was nice and only a few people recognised Norman, Melissa and I. Mingus was making goggly eyes at the girl at the booth behind us. As we were finishing up a call came through from 'Mr Boss-Man' (Kirkman).

"Hello Mr Kirkman," I said once I had exited the diner. "What can I do for you?"

"You can get your butt to set right now," he said abruptly down the set. "I'm not fooling around, either."