london calling (part 4/4)

Emily and I woke up at 7am with a knock on the door.

"I'll get it," I mumbled, dragging myself to the door. Steven and Chandler stood at the door. "What?"

"Making sure you're awake, breakfast in fifteen, then get ready for today," Steven said.

"What's today consisting of?" I asked, pushing down my bed head and leaning on the doorframe.

"This interview thingy and flying to Liverpool," he said, half awake.

"See you at breakfast," I said.

"See ya," Chandler said.

I went into Lauren and Melissa's room. The sun hadn't even made an appearance yet so it was pitch dark. I found Melissa's bed.

"Mom," I said. I didn't mean that.

"Skye?" she mumbled, eyes still firmly shut. She lifted her hand and pulled me into the bed. She wrapped her arms round me.

"We need to get up," I said.

"It's fine," she said.

"It's not, let's go," I said.

"Let's talk," she whispered.

"Uh, okay, shoot."

"Are you happy?

"Very."

"Do you like it with Norman?"

"Yeah, I do. Having Chandler and Mingus near by is great."

"I'm glad."

"Hey, uh, Melissa?"

"Yeah sweetie?"

"Thank you, for everything."

She stroked my hair and burrowed her head into the back of my neck.

"You're more than welcome."

The door sat ajar and Emily burst through, switching the light on. She jumped onto Lauren's bed and began to tickle her. Melissa and I sat up, laughing.

"Emily, no, no," Lauren said in between her laughs. I took a photo of them. Lauren over powered Emily and kicked her off the bed. She hit the ground with a thud and couldn't contain her laughter. I pulled her up and we went back into our rooms. I got changed into a pair of jeans and a plaid shirt.

"Anyone ready for breakfast?" I asked.

"Nah," the three of them yelled.

"I'm going to get the guys," I said.

"Don't speak to any strangers," Melissa yelled.

"I wont," I said, slamming the door.

I walked off to the restaurant and sat with the guys. The girls came soon enough and we ate. We agreed on meeting at 9:30 outside the lobby to check out. I walked back to the room and I jumped in the shower. I set my music to play and put it on shuffle.
I decided to dry my hair and get ready, since we only had an hour left. I dried it, knowing I'd be getting it, and make up, done before the convention. I was wearing a casual, long black dress with white swallows patterned on it and a pair of black brogues. I walked into the room where they were all sitting.

"Ready to go?" Melissa asked.

"Yeah," I replied. We got our luggage together and checked out.

"Thanks for the wonderful stay," Melissa said. "We'll be sure to publicise the place on Twitter."

We started walking to the car park. The driving arrangements have been changed this time; this time Steven, Lauren, Emily, Chandler and I and in the other car it's Norman, Melissa and Scott. Chandler, Emily and I jumped in the back of the car. Lauren was driving. Steven started playing the radio and Lauren took a picture of the five of us.