33. [Jason]

I couldn't believe it. Today was the day when everything will finally be disclosed—the Charity Basketball Game. Just as I was about to head inside the locker room, Rachel had called my name and caught up to me. Before I could even protest, she spun me around and pulled me down the hall. When she deemed we were far away for anyone to hear us, she let go of my hand and looked up at me.

    "You ready?" A smile was on her face. Though I couldn't really tell if she was being sincere or not. I'd never been able to read her and I wasn't going to try to now.

    "Yeah." I knew I was nervous, and the crack in my voice proved it. I knew I shouldn't be doing this, but when she tracked me down the other day, I couldn't say no. I wanted Isabella once and for all. She was falling for Thomas. I knew she was. I didn't understand how or why she did, but I could see it in her eyes. It was the same look she'd given me all those times in the past.

"You remember our plan right?"

    I scoffed at her question. Like she would even let me forget about it. She'd been drilling it in my head for the past week. "Of course."

    "Repeat it to me then," she demanded. Her voice didn't sound pleasant at all.

    I sighed, but did as I was told. "When the basketball game ends, find Isabella. Bring her to the school's cafeteria, and then confess my feelings for her," I recited like a speech.

    She smiled, patting my shoulder. "Perfect. I'm so glad you're finally confessing your feelings to her."

    "I guess . . ." I still wasn't sure why she was helping me in the first place, but I didn't want to think about it too much. I didn't need to know what's going on inside her head. She was helping me, and that's the important part.

    "Look, you can trust me." I raised a brow at her sentence. "When you confess your feelings for her, she'll definitely break up with Thomas to be with you," she reassured me. I nodded, and pushed all doubts aside. I knew Isabella liked me once. There's no way her feelings for me wouldn't return if I confessed. Even Rachel thinks Isabella will break up with him once she knows. Isabella has to like me more. She just has to.

    "You think so?" I asked once again.

    "I know so." She smiled wide. "Do your side of the plan, and I'll do mine." She winked. I watched her turn around, and before I chickened out, I grabbed her wrist. She looked back at me. "What?"

    "I'd been meaning to ask, but what exactly is your side of the plan?"

    Her mouth tugged up slightly at my question. "Don't worry about me Jason and just do you part." She pushed my hand away and left me standing outside the gym. I knew she was up to something, but I honestly didn't care. She promised me Isabella. As long as she kept her word, she could do whatever she wanted.

Once I was inside the boy's locker room, I heard Thomas and Gabe's voices immediately. Wanting nothing to do with Thomas right now, I hid quickly so they wouldn't spot me. Knowing Gabe, he'll probably drag me over. And right now I don't want to hear Thomas talk about Isabella and be a part of that conversation.

I heard some rumbling noises as Thomas laughed. "Sorry man, I guess I wasn't really paying attention."

    Gabe laughed as well. "Thinking about Isabella again, aren't you?" Of course he is. I bet he's only doing this game for her. Show off.

    "Yeah. So what?"

    "Nothing." Gabe chuckled. "You must really like her."

    "I really do . . . I think I might actually lo—"