Nathan Scott x Reader - Never Let Me Go

A/N - Trigger warning - School shooting. This imagine is sort if based off of the school shooting episode/this song.
Warnings - School shooting, angst, character death

Y/N

You were on your way to Biology with Brooke when you heard the shots.

Chaos erupted, people running in all directions. You couldn't tell which way the shots came from.
You stood frozen, completely unable to move.

"Come on Y/N! In here!" Brooke called out, dragging you towards the girls bathroom, the only room close enough for cover.

Inside already were Haley and Mouth.

Haley ran up to you and Brooke and pulled you both into a tight hug.

"Oh my god I'm so glad you're alright,"  she mumbles, her voice thick with emotion.
You pull her in closer and hug even tighter, terrified.

"Uh... guys?" Mouth interrupts. "Don't you think we should block the door or something?"

You all stand back hastily and start piling bins and anything movable up in front of the door.

Suddenly a thought hits you, and you can feel your composure starting to crack for the first time. Tears start to roll down your cheek.

Brooke notices, and wraps her arm around your shoulder. "Oh honey, we'll get out of here, I'm sure there are police on the way. And besides,no one could possibly get in here."

You choke back tears. "It's not me I'm worried about. It's Nathan. He was supposed to be at basketball but I have no idea where he is or... or if he's even okay."

You slump to the ground against a wall, head in your hands sobbing.

"You know Nathan's smart Y/N, and he'd have had Lucas and Whitey there with him, I'm sure they took the back way out of the gym and are absolutely fine," Brooke reassures you. "He's probably much more worried about you."

Nathan

"Oh my god man, Y/N is in there, she could be hurt and I'm not doing anything to help her."

Lucas shook his head as he paced behind the buses outside the school. "Nate, I know what you're thinking but you can't go back in there. Not until the police have checked the school. I'm as worried about them as you are, but you going back in just puts one more person in danger."

Nathan glared at his half brother. "That's easy for you to say, but your girlfriend isn't stuck in there. You got Peyton out and on a bus, you know she'll be fine. I just, I just can't live without her man, I have to do something."

Suddenly they saw Peyton, running towards them after jumping off her bus.
"Someone's been shot," she looks down, trying to hide the tears. "They don't know who yet, but uh, I just thought you should know Nathan. Y'know, in case it's Y/N."

Nathan's expression hardened, and Lucas could tell he was about to do something reckless.

"I'm going in. If she's in there bleeding I have to get her out." He starts to walk back towards the school when Lucas grabs his arm.

"I'm coming too, you'll need all the help you can get."

"Lucas!" Peyton called after them. "Be careful,please..." her voice trailed off.

Nathan and Lucas entered through the gym department, each grabbing a baseball bat for defence.

"Where's Y/N most likely to be?"

"She was heading from physics to bio, so we should check the science corridor. She might be in one of the classrooms or a supply closet or something"