I am Kirk: Part 43

The Association

It is with regret that we inform you of Kirk's triple discovery and subsequent departure from this world. He is now at peace. As of yet, we don't know who made the discovery, but when we find out who the individual is you will be informed.

We, The Association are in the midst of a significant crisis. Dr Shaheed's betrayal and setting up of the splinter group D:Association is a considerable threat.

This new group is a coalition with the Dark Side with a remit to harness the after life power of the reanimate for their own evil gains. We will endeavor to remain strong and focus all our effort in defending humanity from the Dark Side's H Offensive.

CNN NEWS

We are now returning to the Wild Boar attacks at Arlington and our reporter Jonathon Swain. How are things developing, Jonathon?

"Well, it's now over 24 hours since the teenager who saved his friends from a savage wild boar attack was taken back to this property behind me. I have here with me an officer from Oregon State Police who has been inside the property, what can you tell us of Kirk's welfare and do you have any news on his friend who went missing from the hospital?"

"I can confirm that the young lady discharged her self from hospital and is now safely inside this residence being treated for acute shock. I can also confirm that Kirk is as well as can be, given the circumstances. I would like to ask the media to please be patient and recognize that Kirk needs time to rest and recover before he will be in a fit state to give any media interviews. Kirk, his family and friends need time to recuperate. I intend to stay with them at the residence whilst my department continues to investigate the source of these wild beasts and ensure the public remains safe from any further attacks."

"Thanks for your time, officer. I now return you back to the studio."

Thank you, Jonathon. And we would just like to reassure the citizens of Arlington that the authorities say there is no intelligence to suggest any further attacks are likely. We will return to that story as it develops.

......

The Association

We are on our way to Kirk's residence to meet with the officer and discuss a strategy.

......

I feel euphoric as my grandmother takes me in her warm embrace, "Welcome home, Callum, I'm so happy to see you again," she says, cupping my face in her hands.

Her smile sends waves of love sailing through me, "But, I'm Kirk," I say, a little confused.

Her hands leave my face and rest gently on my shoulders, "It will take time to adjust, but time is something we have plenty of. Over here, you're Callum, over there, you're Kirk," she says, pointing to a place in the distance. She puts her hand to her ear, "Listen, someone from over there is calling you," she says.

I feel a slight tugging on my right shoulder, but when I look back no one's there. I look back at my grand mother and she repeats, "Listen, can you hear?"

I hear nothing, I just feel the tugging, harder this time, like I'm being pulled away from my grandmother. I resist this 'pulling' feeling, I want to stay here, I like the warm fuzzy feeling this place gives me. My grandmother registers my resistance, "Don't worry, Callum, go with it, someone needs Kirk's help. You will always be able come back to me."

I look around and I see smiling faces with outstretched arms welcoming a constant stream of bewildered yet happy people. A soft sound, like a joyous buzz fills the space that I can best describe as a sun filled meadow.