⚜️19 ⚜️

DAVid's PoV

Breathe In. Out.
I tried to calm my rising temper. All the resentment I felt towards Elise had to be pushed at the back. I felt like kissing her would get the message across all leaches vying for her, but rather here , I was the one suffering. I could not erase the delicate feel of her lips on mine and I wanted nothing more than to get back to kissing her. However, My parents and important clients were around, I had to control myself. . Especially when I was representing Hermanos business too. Adam wasn't going to risk traveling with a pregnant Sophie, and thus, he called this evening and informed me to go on behalf of him.

I expressed my gratitude and now stood next to Enrique. The both of us were posing for a picture which I'm sure was going to go viral. After all, two successful men were standing together.

" I had a feeling you weren't going to come tonight." Enrique said low enough for me to hear only.

" I don't have a woman tying me down." I smirked and he laughed at my response.

The both of us knew we weren't going to settle down anytime soon. Adam was brave enough to carry such a drastic step, but Enrique and I couldn't. When Adam spoke of Sophie like a love sick puppy, Enrique and I looked at him puzzled. 2 months down arranged marriage wasn't going to be that wonderful. But the moment we saw her, we knew why Adam was bewitched. Sophie was a stunner.

" Who's that brunette then?" Enrique asked cockily, referring to Elise and I rolled my eyes.

" My secretory, who's the blonde?" I retorted.

" My designer." Enrique said rubbing his neck embarrassed.

" Dickhead, I swear." I murmured looking at the girl. She was indeed beautiful but how she peaked Enriques interest was something I wanted to know.

" Congratulations." The woman said as I passed by her table and I smirked.

Giving Enrique a wicked look, I kissed the woman's hand. He narrowed his eyes and I winked in his direction. He was not going to spare my balls but I was going to make sure the girl was the right one for my buddy.

"Thank you, it's a pleasure to meet you Miss..."

" Iris Antonio." She said. Green eyes clashed against mine, catching me completely off guard.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ELISE's PoV

Lucas Antonio, younger brother of Andrew Antonio and twins with Iris Antonio was a chameleon in disguise of a human. He was a sly bastard who made sure to always get what he wants. And unfortunately, or rather, wicked destiny wanted me to be the biggest thorn in his way. Or rather his sisters way. But me being the bigger person, I moved away. I wasn't going to be foolish enough to get myself killed just for some stupidness. The dislike I felt towards Lucas was less then what I felt for his sister. His sister, I hated her with all my guts. Why did they have to come back in my life?

I ignored Lucas and thanked the bartender as he handed me my drink. It was an awkward silence and I wanted to walk away. But when I turned around, I saw David still with Iris. God, I was itching to know what they were talking about but I wasn't going to go back to the table. I was sure Freya was going to try to extract information from me.

" I see Luca beat me here ." I turned to look at who talked and his sight made tears spring to my eyes. Hazel eyes twinkled mischievously and the dimple that made all women weak, appeared. His long brown hair were tied in a pony and the suit he wore clung to his body like glue.

" Drew." I whispered as my heart ached.

He gave me a cheeky grin before engulfing me in a hug. When I heard his heartbeat loud and clear, a traitorous tear rolled down. I clutched him hard to myself and hurried my nose in his familiar musk smell.
God, how I missed him.

" Lucas are you seeing this," Drew said laughing, "My baby is crying." And I hit him on the chest.

Drew tightened his hold on me making me feel safe in his arms. I sighed in his arms, the peace and warmth engulfing me was so comforting. But then I felt it. The cold hard metal scrapping my back like a evil warning. I stiffened in his arms. The familiar A itching my back.

I pushed myself away from him as the memories resurfaced. I took hold of his left hand and I lifted it up. The sight of that scratch-proof metal made my heart stop.

" You....you took it?" I asked, disbelief coursing through me.

I looked at Andrew waiting for a response when it hit me. Her words echoing in my ear, crystal clear. I moved away from Drew like he scorched me. The warmth he radiated now felt hot enough to burn. I moved away from him, needing to escape. I turned to walk towards my seat when I caught sight of David still conversing with Iris. Judging by the hand she had on his arm, I could tell David was flattered by her too.

I couldn't go back to my seat.
Fuck my life.

"Eli listen to me." Andrew pleaded at me and I ignored him, turning to the exit.

The dress gifted to me by none other then Andrew felt ten times heavier and I felt claustrophobic. I needed to get out of here now. I felt short quick breaths leave my mouth and my chest constricted.
Fuck. I regretted coming tonight.

Asking a waitress for the back exit, I escaped back to my hotel by quickly dialling an Uber. I knew I was going to be charged a bomb but I wasn't going back in that ball. Not when I knew what Andrew done . On the way, I tried calling David but to no avail. The phone kept going to voicemail.

"Hello David...." I spoke my voice shaky, I took deep breathes in,
"...I'm not feeling well, My body's burning..."
My breathing was getting hard to control,
fuck nostalgia!

"...I've come to the hotel. Don't worry I've already emailed Enrique's secretory. The files will be with me in the morning. Okay, I'll see you later."

Tears rolled down my cheeks and I felt my heart ache,
Why did you have to leave and go Nonno.

.♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️

DON'T FORGET TO
VOTE, COMMENT AND SHARE!

.