⚜️14 ⚜️

{ELISE's PoV}

23rd March, Worlds most awaited day. Whilst every single mogul was anticipating it, I was dreading it.
Every 4 years, Heartthrob Prince Enrique would choose 3 potential billionaire bachelors to partner with. The four , altogether, would then work on a major project. A project for the betterment of society and obviously, an investment that made the partners richer.

Everyone worked their ass out to be lucky enough to get an invitation from his royal highness. But for David Faverly, it was nada work. Lucifer had studied together with the royal douche in Yale. Yet they hadn't partnered together until now.
Why, I myself wondered.

I turned to look back at David and swore a million times in my head. When I joined David's company, I was ecstatic, I was far away from all that drama. But then 2 years down the line, I realised just how much David was friends with his highness himself. The asshole was available even thousands of miles away. 

I sat with my folded arms desperately wishing David had said the words April's Fool after nodding his head . Unfortunately. neither was it April and nor did David Faverly joke. Especially not if it was such an important day.

"Why didn't you tell me earlier David?" I asked putting all the blame on him

" Do I look like your personal reminder?" David retorted, making me grumble, "And as matter of fact, I did tell you on Tuesday."

Now that David mentioned it, he was right. He had told me to go buy a dress as well but foolish me, didn't. Now I was going to suffer because David, as the gentleman he was, wanted to remind me only when we were on the way to the airport .

David drove the car towards the private entrance and I cursed. We were going straight to New York with his jet. No suitcase packed, no personal items, no makeup and neither did I have extra money on me. I was walking into David's jet with only the clothes on my skin. We were meant  to reach NYC around 5 pm and the ball was going to start at 9 pm.
How was I ever going to find a dress before that? And worse, how was I going to confess to David of not having a dress?
Oh dear lord!

The flight to New York was hectic. Using the handy WiFi,  I downloaded all my files from google drive and worked on them.  No, I hadn't told David about not having a dress yet . If he was smart enough, which he obviously was, he'd have had to realise I had no luggage on me, which meant no dress.

I looked up at the handsome douche and sighed. Like me, he too was working on some files. Knowing David, I was a 100% sure, we'd spend the weekend in NYC. Therefore,  I wanted to do as much work as I could, but I regretted it now. My fingers hurt from overtyping, my back was stiff and my eyes were drooping. And before I could even close my eyes in peace, the hostess announced we had reached.

I packed my laptop away and felt the nervousness kick in. The adrenaline coursing in my body was close to giving me a panic attack. What was this night going to bring? It wasn't like I hadn't attended such events before, I had. But definitely not where they were going to be the hosts.

Going as David's secretory was definitely something big. Maybe even something I was going to regret. But I couldn't help it, I couldn't back up now. My thoughts strayed to why I hadn't received a call confirming our invitation and I gulped.
Maybe they didn't know I was coming.
Or did they?
I so hoped they didn't!

I dragged my self out of the plane and cursed at the hot New York air. The pollution in the air was way too prominent. Covering my eyes, I located David's ride and left him as he spoke to the crew. The mighty Lucifer only rode in an SUV around New York City and so the sight of another one, just made me roll my eyes.
Rich people and their weirdness!