Chapter 7: Abandoned

Shadow's P.O.V

When I awoke the next morning I knew what I had to do. I would leave the cave and never return, I would not reveal to them anything about Toothless; after last night I knew there was going to be a them. I opened one eye slyly and peeked at Toothless hoping he was asleep. Thankfully he was in a deep slumber as I extractracted myself from the comforting cover of his wing. 

"I'm sorry," I whispered taking a last look at my sleeping mate before gliding silently out of the cave. 

Toothless's P.O.V

When I woke up I couldn't feel Shadow next to me. This confused me as I was sure she had lain down in my embrace the night berfore. I raised my head, opening my eyes and shaking my head. I yawned before getting up slowly shuffling my wings and stretching my legs. I looked around the cave and found her to no be there. She must have gone back to the ledge I thought simply talking a small run up before jumping into the air and beating my powerfull wings. 

I flew at a slow pace just enjoying the wind flowing over my wings. I did a few dives and summersaults just to let off some nervous energy about seeing my new mate. But when I got to the ledge, she wasn't there. 

"Were is she." I growled stalking over to Hookfang who had woken at my roar of confusion and anger. 

"Look I don't know, but I saw what you were doing last night," I jerked back my eyes widening, "well not like saw saw it, but I know what you were doing." 

"You sure you didn't see her at all after that?" 

"If I had seen a hot black dragon flying around on her own I would have brought her back here, trust me." The gleaming look in his eyes was enough to make me believe him. 

"That is my mate your talking about." I reminded him taking a step closer. 

"Oh look whose using big words." Hookfang muttered turning his head away from me and closing his eyes. 

I turned to Stormfly and found her sleeping next to another Nadder. I was happy for her, but a pang of jealousy spread through my chest. Why had Shadow left me? Had I offended her in some way? Questions swarmed through my brain as I growled in frustration and flew off in search of her. 

Shadow's P.O.V

I breathed deeply looking at the two eggs next to me. Their surfaces were midnight black just like me. Nervous energy sparked through me. These were my eggs, my children. 

I knew Toothless would come looking for me, I had to get further away. But how could I carry the eggs away safely? Still this island flet a lot less safe than having to fly carrying eggs, so I picked them up carefully and left the island. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Short chapter I know. 

I am really sorry I haven't updated in AGES, and i'm sorry but the time periods won't be improving much, but hopefully I will be able to update more often because I now have 2 months of school. 

So hopefully more updates. 

Please follow my friend TheBookHideaway and check out her books. 

Love 

ToothlessLover777