Chapter 4: The Gang

/~~Toothless's POV~~/

I rolled my eyes as Hookfang stepped forward and ran his tail down Shadow's back. Shadow scampered to my side in an attempt to avoid the complete ass that had grabbed her tail.  

"Leave her alone Hookfang" I growled stepping forward. He tightened his tails grip on hers, his eyes daring me to act. I shot a plazma blast at him. 

"Ease up Night Fury, I was just playing!" Hookfang said circling me. 

"I don't think that is a good definition of playing." I growled menacingly. 

"Boys, boys can we just have one day were you don't fight?" Stormfly growled stepping between us. In a way she was much like her rider, we all were, being with humans had changed us and sometimes I wondered if I regretted that....no! Stop thinking that Toothless. I shook my head and backed away from Hookfang. 

"Anyway, introductions, guys this is Shadow," I grinned showing my gums. "Shadow, this is Hookfang, Stormfly, Barf and Belch, and Meatlug." 

"Hi everyone." She said shyly. 

After greetings, the rest of my friends went back to looking for a mate. "So how long have you been coming here?" I asked Shadow as we walked around the island. 

"This is my first year." 

"Really!" I growled surprised, "but you can't be that much younger than me." She certainly didn't look it, lean body, muscular legs, not male muscular, more like beautiful.

"I must be somewhere around your age, I just never really came here, it was of no intrest to me." 

"Oh." I said lamely, we walked around the island and I showed her good places to fish were not many other dragons came. Sure we got a few bad looks but most dragons respected us, which was kind of embarrassing, we're rare breeds but that doesn't make us any better than the rest. A group of baby Nadders actually bowed down to us, spreading their little wings out to the side. 

I walked over to them, "rise hatchlings, you need not bow to us, you are just as good as us." They all stared up at me with big round eyes full of wonder. Yet there was still one who stared at the ground. I used my tail to lift his chin up, he saw my prosthetic tail. 

"Toothless?" he breathed. His siblings bowed whispering something like nocte

"Yes, you are all just as good as me." 

"But I could never be as good as you." he said. 

"Yes you can, you can be whoever you want to be." I said encouragingly. They all said their thanks as I walked back over to Shadow. 

"That was really nice." She said bumping her shoulder against mine. 

"Sometimes they just need a bit of encouragement." 

"I heard stories about you, it was passed through different dragons so it got mixed up, a lot spoke of you being a stuck up prissy pet, I now know how wrong they were." 

"Well, i'm glad you don't think i'm a stuck up prissy pet." I said laughing slightly. "Do you know what nocte means?" I asked Shadow as we walked passed a bunch of Monstrous Nightmares, who glared at us hatefully. 

She laughed, "it means great nightas I said, different dragons have different names for you." 

/~~Shadow's POV~~/

We flew back up to the ledge which we were staying at with Toothless's friends, it had been a great day. Hookfang was already asleep, thankfully, he definitely wasn't my favorite Monstrous Nightmare. Toothless curled up a few feet away from me, I noticed how he kept his tail carefully under one paw, as though he was scared that it might get taken. His eyes had been closed but he suddenly opened them feeling my gaze he looked and smiled his toothless smile. He slowly fell asleep, but I sat up and looked at the moom which was almost full. 

"He must really like you," Stormfly growled startling me. 

"What?" I asked surprised. 

"Toothless, he doesn't just smile at anyone like that." She sounded quite sad. "Just make sure you look after him." 

She walked away leaving me as confused as ever. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So I finally updated:D 

Hope you like this chapter, sorry it was short but I didn't know what to write about.

Love 

💙ToothlessLover777💙