~2~

Chapter 2: Nervous Habits

Chapter Song: Nervous by Shawn Mendes

"And my heart started to race. And my hands began to shake. I heard you asked about my through a friend and my adrenaline kicked in because I've been asking about you too."

~
          Three hours had passed since Isabella had eavesdropped on Stiles and Scott's conversation and it was true, she couldn't stop thinking of Scott. She even thought of him now as she laid across the couch staring up at the wood ceiling with a dazed look on her face.

Derek couldn't help but notice how every few seconds his daughter's cheeks would turn pink. He had given her several looks of confusion throughout the time he had been watching TV but they were never acknowledged by the girl. She couldn't even see his face, all she could see was the ceiling for the past hour.

The only moment she had torn her eyes away from the ceiling is when her stomach began to deeply growl. Her head snapped down to her stomach as she laid her hand across her it, it ached for food. Food that her father had made no effort to make or order, he didn't really care to eat tonight.

Isabella sat up with a grunt at the same time that a roar of thunder rang out through the house. Her head turned towards the window that she had been sitting behind three hours ago and saw the heavy rain drops coating the glass. The inside of the window fogged up with the combined breath of Isabella and Derek,  while the outside collected more and more rain drops as it pattered down in a peaceful rhythm.

Isabella then turned to her father who was staring intently at the TV, paying no mind to the girl staring at him. When Isabella was unsuccessful in getting his attention just by staring at him she decided to kick him.

Isabella began to slowly nudge her father with her pink sock covered foot. When he still paid no attention to her the nudges turned into hard kicks to the side of his leg.

Derek had thought at first she was just bored and bouncing her feet on him but as soon as the kicks became more powerful he knew she wanted something. As she was about to kick him again he caught her foot with his hand and looked at her curiously, " What do you want?"

Isabella smiled at her dad and wiggled her foot out of his grasp, letting it fall off the couch and onto the wooden floor, before sitting up in a sitting position, " Food. I want food."

Derek sighed and put his hand in his pocket before pulling out a twenty, " Go get some pizza ."

Isabella stood up quickly before snatching the money from him and licking her lips," Don't mind if I do ."

Derek smirked to himself at his daughter's eagerness, she wasn't going to get very far in the rain without the keys that he still had situated in his pocket. She hadn't even asked for them, she had completely forgotten that she even needed a car.