~23~

Chapter 23: Hospital Sadness

Chapter Song: Fix You by Coldplay

" And the tears come streaming down your face, when you lose something you can't replace. When you love someone but it goes to waste."

~
             Isabella woke up with a start and looked around to see she was in a hospital bed. She really thought she had died. Isabella looked down to her chest and saw that she was still bleeding. If it didn't kill her then she should have been healing. Maybe, it wasn't healed because it was from an Alpha. She had heard that wounds from an Alpha took longer to heal.

Isabella looked out the window to see it was day time and the sun was shining. She sat there for a few moments before she remembered Lydia and her face became worried. She immediately sprung out of bed but when her feet hit the floor, she suddenly fell. She ripped all the tubes off her and out of the machine as she fell, making alarms go off. She figured she wasn't very strong at the moment.

Isabella laid on the ground as someone came in, but she was too lazy and weak to turn her head and look. All she felt was someone wrap their arm around her waist and pick her up, " I knew you'd try something like that."

Isabella looked over and came face to face with Melissa McCall. She didn't reply she just smiled at her. Melissa smiled back and helped Isabella get back in bed before she began hooking up her machine again.

Isabella watched her as she plugged things back in. Confusion took over Isabella as Melissa plugged in a wire and she felt air come through the tubes in her nose, "Why do I have these?" Isabella said picking them up and observing them slightly, being careful not to rip them out.

"When he brought you in and we examined you, we figured you would need help breathing. Seeing as you had a huge hole in your chest." Melissa said explaining to the young girl.

Isabella smiled at her sweetly, " Thanks, Mrs. McCall. "

Melissa smiled at her and was about to make her way out when Isabella remembered what she was so worried about in the first place, " Hey Mrs. McCall?"

Melissa was about to reach for the door knob, but stopped when she heard Isabella, she turned around with a smile as she held the door, " Yes?"

Isabella scratched the back of her head nervously. How was she gonna word this...Isabella sighed heavily and then said, " Uhm... have you heard anything about Lydia Martin? I mean, I was trying to save her when..." Isabella stopped and gestured at her wound, " When this happened."

Melissa frowned, " Uh she's here too. Something happened to her. I'm assuming you got hurt before her. But, I can assure you we're dealing with it. She'll be okay." Melissa forced a smile, she was worried about Lydia. She really didn't look good, but she didn't want to worry Isabella.