~20~

Chapter 20: Saving Jackass

Chapter Song: Photograph by Ed Sheeran

"Times forever frozen still, so you can keep me inside the pocket of your ripped jeans, holding me closer 'till our eyes meet."

~
Isabella was once again in the locker room for the second day in a row and this time it was not for Scott... it was for Jackson. Derek said that he wanted to pay Jackson a visit, Isabella decided to tag along because she didn't like the sound of that.

Music was pumping throughout the locker room and through the slits in the lockers Isabella could see Jackson lifting weights. She smirked as his muscles flexed every time he did another rep. Just because she didn't see him like that didn't mean she thought he was ugly. In fact, she thought Jackson was hot.

Isabella followed her father who was sat on a bench next to Jackson's speaker and iPod. Derek slid over to hit stop and pulled out the iPod making the music come to a halt. Isabella rolled her eyes at him as he started scrolling through the music.

She heard the weights drop loudly as the music stopped followed by Jackson angrily screaming, " What the hell?"

Isabella looked through the holes in the lockers once again and saw Jackson staring at the bench Derek was sitting on. Derek was barely peaking out, but you could still see him sitting there from Jackson's point of view. Isabella thought it must have been creepy thinking you were alone and just seeing Derek sitting there, She felt bad for Jackson.

" I like your taste in music. " Derek said. He held up the iPod for Jackson to see without turning around, " Haven't heard this one in a long time." He finally turned around and put the iPod back into the speaker, pressing play.

Derek looked back at Jackson with a smirk, Jackson's heartbeat rose when he realized it was him. Isabella was in a spot where Jackson couldn't really see her, but she could see him clear as day.

Jackson turned around in a hurry and grabbed a lacrosse stick off a bench, arming himself, "I'm not scared of you." He said in a nervous voice with sweat dripping down his face.

Derek chuckled to himself and then stood up swiftly, walking over to Jackson calmly and slowly.

" Come on. I'm not afraid." Jackson said trying to stay calm. Isabella knew Jackson was scared, obviously Jackson didn't know everything about being a wolf because Derek and Isabella both knew he was scared just by his heart rate.

Isabella watched Derek reach Jackson and gave him his classic smirk, that seemed to be passed on to his daughter, "Yeah, you are. I bet you haven't had a day in your whole life where you haven't been afraid of something. But you won't have to be."

Jacksons heartbeat slowed as he heard this and his face busted into confusion. Derek continued and looked in Isabella's direction as he said, " Not when you're one of us."