Mudda Fud !

Chapter 5 :

Mika’s P.O.V.

“Mika, Mika, come on baby. Mitawa, Manshil Nzhoo.” The angelic yet broken whisper tethers me, bringing me out of the suffocating darkness. As I latch onto it I begin to have feeling. Sheeitt, I don’t want it, take it back. Whimpering the pain starts and instantaneously spreads from my fingertips branching out. Wetness splatters on my cheek and I struggle to open my eyes. A choked, nearly undetectable sob comes from above me.  What the? “Mika? Pilamaya.”

“Izaac?” That name, this man, is the only thing I know as of right now. It’s all I need to know. Finally, I get an eye open seeing as how the other is sort of swollen and sore, only to see a lone tear traveling down Mr. Cortez’s face. “Hurts.” I quietly sob to him since he’s poised just inches away. That minute utter pained me so.

“Quesa, water.” He demands to someone behind him. “I know, love.” He says coming back to me with a relieved, lopsided grin. Brushing my hair back he places chaste kiss upon my forehead.

“Got it!” yells Marcus and I feel a hankering smile trying to curve my lips. When did I begin to consider him my family, hell, even my friend? He enters the, what I’m assuming is the hospital room judging by the white sterile machines , defunct walls, and obnoxious beeps. “You are up! How’s it going little man?” Marcus shoves a growling Izaac uncaringly out of the way and goes to help me drink.

“Back.The.Fuck.Away. Marcus, He can’t handle it.” Izaac’s voice is unnaturally gravelly as he warns a surprised Marcus away.

“Damn, Izaac come here before you lose control.” With the cup shoved hurriedly into his hands Izaac steps back up.

“Leave.” Izaac’s usually crystalline eyes turn a murky gray. His muscles bulge under his skin tight, short sleeved black T-shirt.

“Please, I will be fine.” My voice cracks as I direct this to a stunned Marcus without letting my gaze leave Izaac’s. Somehow, deep down, I know if he doesn’t leave things will be shot even more to hell.

Marcus searches my face, nods and says, “I will be outside until summoned.” He backs away and all I see is Izaac.

All I feel, hear, and breathe is Izaac as he pours the euphoric liquid down my constricted throat. “That’s it.” He says gently cradling my head. With my eyes closed and my focus on soothing my fucked esophagus I barely notice what might have been the loudest moan ever leaving my lips. Izaac’s tenseness brings it to attention with an almost vicious growl. “Control your urges.” He says threw a clenched jaw, withdrawing the cup from my mouth. Ignoring the pain rippling through my body I shift. Instead of moving away like he expected I climb into his arms as does a child to their parent. “Mika?” He sounds uncertain yet suspiciously happy.”

“Shhh, you make it go away.” And it was true. The more contact with him the more bearable the pain. It was like a warmth, magica and mystique.

“Okay, just go to sleep. When you feel better it is then that I will grill you.” He runs a hand through his hair which I just now notice is obscenely long and in a loose ponytail. Lifting my head off his chest I sigh.

“Pretty.” Again, unknowingly I affect Izaac. It’s so soft and shiny, well I’m just guessing at the soft assumption but I’ll . . .

Know . . .

In Two . . .

Seconds. . . . .

“Ah.” Sighing I run my fingers through it pushing out the rubber band then burrowing my fingers into his scalp.