Chapter 3: Under Pressure/ Date?

Colin

"What's wrong Colin?" Vernon asked again I look at him, if there's someone in this team, Vernon was the one who listened to every word you have to say.

"You know how Kyle and Lindsay have been trying to have kids for a while?" I look down at the grass underneath me.

"Yeah, well what does that have to do with everything?"

"Well my mom wants more grandkids, and she understands Kyle's situation. But she says I'm 25 and that I should think of settling down. That I'm not going to be 25 forever"

"So I don't see the problem" Vernon says.

"The girls that I talk to are not 'wife material' like my mom states. And I understand, those or my booty calls. But she hates all of my 'friends'. I'm under pressure into finding the right girl Vernon. I haven't dated in a long time. Like a proper girlfriend boyfriend thing" I scratch the back of my head.

"So that's what's keeping you distracted? You're trying to find the girl of you're dreams?" I nod. "Colin you don't rush things. The girl will come sooner or later, but you probably should end all you're booty calls. You might never know where you'll find this girl" he places his hand on my shoulder.  "Who ever this girl is, is going to be a lucky one Colin. You're a great guy." He smiles and walks away. Hearing the others coming. The rest of the practice was hell, running, throwing,  more running,  going ovet plays, I guess the usual.

***

Lynette

"Miss Lavezzi I need you to go and cover some 49ers practice,  maybe throw in an interview with some players. We need get ready for this upcoming football season, and we would like some insight on what the staff and players think." Matt Wall, the guy in charge of getting all the pictures for the newspaper yells at me. His short hairless head just pops out from the doorframe.

"Of course Mr. Wall" I smile

"You got till next Tuesday" I just nod my head, grab my camera, Mac book, purse, and notebook and head out. I really need to start thinking of questions to ask. I drive to a small café neer the facility, and grab some coffee and a sandwich. I started to write down some questions that could be good. With a degree in journalism, which I also got at UO, I got more job opportunities.  I have 2 degrees from a good university and that got me a good job.   After a while I decided I probably should head to the facility and ask permission to get this project done. Even though I had a press pass, I felt rude just coming in and ask questions. 

*

I walk past the main office and head to the locker rooms which I got directions from the main office. I fix my black pencil skirt with a small white belt and my light blue ruffle blouse which was tucked in the skirt, my matching light blue heels where nice and clean, my hair wasn't a bird's nest, I looked presentable. 

I knock loudly enough for someone to hear.

"Hello?" Vernon Davis' opens the door.

"Hi, I'm Lynette Lavezzi from the San Francisco Chronicle,  and I would like to speak to Jim Harbaugh" I smile politely and hand him my SFC ID/Press Pass.

"Hold on one second" he closes the door. I look around me to make sure I had the things I needed.

"Miss Lavezzi you may come in" Vernon opens the door wide enough for me to come in. I look around my surroundings, it was a really nice place. Vernon leads the way to the coaches office. Guys are either in towels or changing into clean clothes, I immediately look away. "At least you didn't see us all sweaty and gross" Vernon says I nod and laugh.