Chapter 2: Something's Wrong

Lynette

"It was a pleasure meeting you, we hope you come back soon" Teresa gives me a hug, as well as the rest of the Kaepernick family. I give Ezequiel back to Devon and grab my bag.

"Definitely. Have a good night" I wave bye and walk to my car.

"I'll walk you out" Colin says. I just nod and walk away. I can see Lindsay with a wide smile. "So how did you like the fam?"

"I love it, it makes me miss my own" she frowns

"Well you're always more than welcome to come over whenever you want to" he points back to his parents house. I could definitely see some heads poking out of the window.

"Well thank you" I unlock my car.

"Wow you drive that?!" Colin looks at my car, white convertible Corvette Forem.

"Yes I do. You don't think I know about cars?" I put my bag on the passenger seat.

"Not really" he laughs "I'm surprised really. You like sports and sport cars? You're something else"

"I've been told" I smirk. "I gotta go. I'll see you around" I get in my car.

"Do you mind if I get your number?"

"Uhh sure" okay Colin Kaepernick just asked for my number I don't know why not. I insert my number in his phone. "Thanks I'll call you sometime" I just nod my head and pull out the driveway. I stop for some In and Out before I go to my apartment. It was a loong day. I need some rest. A lot of rest actually. I had to go to work tomorrow at 6 am... yeah I need to sleep.

Colin

"So what do you think of Lynette?" An overly excited Lindsay says.

"She's pretty cool" I just shrug. "Imma head home family. I need to get some rest. Coach is probably going to kill us out in the field"

"Okay son, drive home safely" my mom gives me a quick kiss and hug.

"Will do mom" I wave bye and get in my car. The drive home was just boring.

Next Day

"Yo Colin how was the family BBQ?" Michael Crabtree joked around. The whole team laughed. Yeah I'm a player but I love my family.

"It was fun. Had some killer food." I just shrug.

"Leave him alone" Vernon Davis says. "I don't see what's wrong with that" Vernon defends me.

"I'm just going to head out to the field" I set my gym bag down and walk out.

"Is there something wrong Colin?" Vernon puts his arm around my shoulder. "You seem a little down"

What do y'all think is wrong with Colin? Please comment/vote tell what you think of the strory. Go check out my others too. Niners beat the Chiefs on Sunday. It was a little sad cus I love Alex Smith and DeAnthony Thomas. But we needed that win.

-Bri