Chapter 11: Tell Me A Lie

- Niall -

Harry likes me. Harry has a crush on me... The little blonde, Irish, goofball. He likes me... His best friend. This can't be true. This all has to be a lie. It has to be Louis playing on my little, fragile heartstrings like a guitar. It just has to be Louis being his dumb self and playing the ultimate prank on us.

Judging on Harry's horrified reaction, something told me that it was all fake. Harry could never like me. I mean, we would all know by now if Harry felt more attraction towards men. He is the girl-magnet of us all, after all.

But an image of last night flickered across my mind. Harry taking care of me and not leaving me alone that night. He cared; he really did. But did I mistake caring for something much more intense?

Paul offered to drive us all home and have all of our cars delivered to the flat by the next morning. None of us really objected to it, of course. All five of us were a little shell-shocked by the yelling incident in Simon's office. No one really knew what to say or who to talk to. It was almost like everyone was just angry at the world.

Harry kept muttering curse words underneath his breath as he glared out the window at the busy London streets. I guess he thought that no one could hear his angry words, but I definitely could... And I'm all the way across the bloody van.

"Harry, if you keep cursing, I'm going to kick you out. I hope you can find your way walking from here," Paul warned from the drivers seat.

Just hearing his name made me stiffen up and curl further into my seatbelt.

"Sorry, Paul," Harry replied in a cocky, unapologetic voice. "Maybe you'd be the same way if your so-called best friend's turned on you and made the assumption that you're gay without listening to a single word you said."

Louis groaned out loudly. "Harry, I said I was sor-"

"Louis, fuck off!" Harry shouted, his face growing red in rage. I quickley turned my head and glared at the streets, which were glowing from the rain that had ended just minutes ago.

"Why won't you even listen to me?" Louis' voice was soft, yet forceful at the same time.

"Yet you won't listen to me! You're such a hypocrite!"

My turn. "Can someone please explain to me what the hell is going on?"

"No!" Harry and Louis shouted simultaneously, which only made me sink further into this warm leather seat.

"Niall is already confused enough about the situation, Harry, don't yell at him!" Louis screeched from the front beside Paul.

"You yelled at him, too, dumb ass!"

"Shut the fu-"

"Lads!" Liam shouted over everyone. "Can we all just hush our mouths, get along and be nice to each other, and think about it?"

Harry and Louis folded their arms at the exact same time. "No."

"Well you don't have a choice," Liam replied matter-of-factly. "This is Simon we're dealing with here. When he has an idea, he is going to stick to it no matter what the rest of us think or say."

"Liam's right, mates." Zayn finally spoke. "When we get home, we'll all discuss everything and you two will fill Niall in." I shuddered. No, I don't want to be filled in. "There will be no fighting, Harry. And Lou, just listen to what he has to say. Alright?"

"Whatever," Louis mumbled, slumping down into his seat. Paul rolled his eyes at the child-like lad. Even though he was the eldest, Louis sure was the most immature.