Chapter 16: Meetings & Decisions

{A/N: short, filler chapter. c:}

- Harry -

"I JUST NEED SOMEBODY TO LOOOOOOVE!"

"Shut up, Niall."

"I DON'T NEED TOO MUCH, JUST SOMEBODY TO LOVE. SOMEBODY TO LOOOOOOVE! I DON'T NEED NOTHING ELSE, I PROMISE GIRL, I SWEAR. I JUST NEED SOMEBODY TO LOVE!"

"Oh my god. Harry, don't encourage him."

"AND YOU CAN HAVE IT ALL! ANYTHING YOU WANT! I CAN BRING; GIVE YOU THE FINER THINGS, YEAH!"

"Jesus Christ."

"BUT WHAT I REALLY WANT, I CAN'T FIND 'CAUSE MONEY CAN'T FIND ME SOMEBODY TO LOVE, ooh!"

"It's too bloody early in the morning, lads! Today is not the day!"

"Sorry, Paul," we all muttered at the same time. I was squished in between Louis and Zayn in the backseat of the van. Niall and Liam opted for the middle while Paul was driving us to have yet another meeting with management.

I don't understand. What more could they do to ruin our lives?

Okay, maybe they aren't that bad, but they aren't too peachy either. It's always the same thing with them. Either "Why'd you do that in an interview?", "Do you know how bad that makes us look?", "We'll earn a few more fans if we do this.", or "No, you cannot go visit your sister in uni. Why? Because we said so."

They might as well be saying, "Do this so we can make more money."

I bet that's all what this is. A huge publicity stunt that will focus everyone's attention on us. Everyone around the world will be wondering why 'The Harry Styles has decided to come out of the closet'. It'll be goddamn annoying, but in the end it'll be the same: more money for our management.

I sipped my last little bit of Vitamin Water before Paul parked near the front of the lot at the large building. There were many cars also parked out front and in the back, which means that this is pretty serious. Simon and our managers are blowing this out of proportion.

"Harry, you comin' or not?"

My eyes blinked rapidly, exiting my short trance. It was Louis, holding out a hand to me. "Oh, yeah. Sorry." I took it merrily and slid out of the van, following the boys inside.

The receptionist wasn't here today, not that we needed her approval to see Simon anyway. Paul and another guy that I had seen only a few times in the past led us down the hall. Simon's door was in the very end of the endless corridor.

The man opened the door for us and we all marched in, Niall first and me last. When I finally stepped foot in the room, I resisted the urge to gasp. The table was long and huge, like you see in the movies. There were people from management everywhere: seated at the table, lining the walls.

Liam sat down first at the five empty chairs that were clearly meant for us. Zayn followed his lead, then Louis, myself, and Niall. I shot him a comforting glance as we sat back in the chairs. His braced smile gleamed back at me, reassuring me that we'd all be okay.

"I call this meeting to order," Simon called in his posh accent. His eyes roamed the crowded room of silent people. "We know why we're here, yeh? Publicity. It's what keeps these stars in the radar. It's what sells albums and breaks records."

Snoozer, much?

I zoned him out almost instantly. How would things change? Would my family look at me differently? Will my friends not want to be seen near me anymore? Will Jennifer Lawrence forget that I have a crush on her?!

There's so much at risk, so much a stake, with this decision. So many things to think about in such little time. Will this ruin my friendship with Niall? What about Louis? No one knows how I really feel except for Liam.

Maybe this is for the best. It could possibly help me get over Louis. Maybe that's exactly was I need, to stop fantasizing over something that will never be with Louis. We both deserve better.

"Harry, Niall?"

My dizzy eyes fluttered up to the head of the table, where Simon was sitting. He, along with everyone else in the room, was staring at us.

"Have you made a decision?" he asked, blinking and siging heavily.

I could feel Louis' hand creep over my lap and onto mine. He gave me a squeeze, which made me feel ten times better. Louis as my best friend forever and always, that's what I'm thankful for. Niall as a 'boyfriend'? Now that's what I'm worried about. But Louis made those negative thoughts drift away. He made everything seem like it wasn't living hell. Louis made it better.

Niall nudged me in the gut, coaxing me to speak.

"Yeh, we've made our decision."

Simon nodded slowly. "And that would be?"

Louis squeezed again as I took a deep breath. "We'll do it. Niall and I will 'fake-date' for the media."

---

I told you it was short. Please don't eat me.

Back on WattPad and feeling amazing. Thanks for the lovely comments and messages {well, most of them were lovely...}, they honestly mean a bunch to me.

Feel free to comment your predictions. c;

- Maddie xx