Chapter 17 : Family Trip (1)

After a brief greeting between the two, the party finally started as all the members were present including Xu Ming who was considered as an outsider.

However, the atmosphere was strangely harmonious and peaceful.

Xu Wei keenly felt this subtle change to which the corner of his lips slightly curved upward into a beautiful arc.

At the end of the day only the men were left to enjoy drinking by themselves. Of course, Xu Ming was not included as he left with Xu Mei.

After another while, Xu Chen retired to his room, leaving behind only the two brothers to chat with each other.

Xu Wei poured the wine into Xu Qin’s glass as he said with a light chuckle,’’The house finally found its peace, huh.’’

He put down the bottle then turned to look at his big brother,’’She is much more likable now.’’

Hearing this, Xu Qin slightly knitted his brows together,’’Which part of her is likable? Having that cold face all year round."

Xu Wei still having the smile on his face internally thought: Qin ge, Aren't you talking about yourself?

Like wanting to prove his claim, Xu Qin added,"I think her martial art is even better than yours.’’

Xu Wei took a sip from his glass then replied,’’I know that.’’

‘’How?’’Questioned Xu Qin.

‘’From that clip on Weibo. Director He was looking for her since there is a supporting female role that requires a skilled martial artist to act as. I only realized that she was sister-in-law when Xiao Lin sent me a picture of her someday ago.’’

Xu Qin didn’t care about the first half of his speech since the last part caught his interest,’’What picture?’’

Instead of answering, Xu Wei fished out his phone to find the picture then showed it to him.

It was the picture that was taken when Xu Ming dressed in military clothes.

Xu Qin quickly caught on to an important thing,‘’Why do you save her picture?’’

Xu Wei’s smile didn’t falter upon hearing this, he just calmly took back his phone while jokingly said,’’I, too like beautiful things ah.’’

He then gave him a provocative smile,‘’Jealous?’’

Xu Qin indifferently replied,‘’I just don’t want the history to be repeated.’’

Xu Wei gave a mischievous smile instead of responding.

"How long is your stay?" Asked Xu Qin.

"1 month."

"You should visit more often. Although father and mother didn't show it, they really missed you."

Xu Wei helplessly said,"It is not like I don't want to come but works just keep flowing in and Ah Lin is not that much better than me."

At this talk, the corner of Xu Qin’s lips curled into a slight smile,"That monkey will stay as long as her muse is here."

"Oh and how long will her muse be around?"

Only at this question did Xu Qin pause to calculate how many days were left until their agreed date.

Not long after, he softly muttered,"13 days left."

Xu Wei has already found out about this matter from his little sister since a while ago so he didn't show any surprise upon hearing this. He instead said,"You know what, all of you have already gotten used to her presence that I bet you guys actually forgot that she will be leaving soon."