Chapter 17 ~ Captive

Sorry guys for another short chapter and sorry for being later than what I said I'd be.  I wanted to upload Thursday, but I got swamped with homework and tests to study for.  Next upload should be expected sometime this coming week.  Hope you enjoy! Votes and comments much appreciated! Happy readin!

                                          ~Britt <3

*************************************************************************

All I remembered was blackness and a pair of arms wrapping around me, saving me from a grim fate. Was the pair of arms an angel, come to take me to heaven?  Was the blackness death?  Oddly enough, I found the fact the if I did die, and my death had been painless, it was kind of boring...

Was I really dead though?  There were identical bruises on either side of my waist that I gingerly prodded with my finger.  I sat up from the laying position I was in.  I assumed I was atop some sort of bed.  Wherever I was smelled strongly of dust and antiques.  It reminded me of the smell in my attic back home.

"Wait a second... Is that  light over there?" I wondered aloud in a whisper soft voice.  I leaned back on my elbows and felt a strange pain in my arm.  I placed a finger tenderly in the crook of my elbow.  It felt as if someone had just recently been injecting me with something using a needle.  There was even a semi-fresh feeling scab of congealed blood over the prin-prick sized area.

 "How are you awake!?" asked a baffled yet vaguely familiar  voice.  It grew louder as if the speaker was drawing closer to me.  Warning signals began shooting off in my head.

"What do you mean?" I asked groggily, not sure what I was being warned against.  Something warm was pressing against my ankle.  It felt like a sphere.

"I've been drugging you for two weeks and you've never woken up until just now.  How curious."

"Who are you?" I asked him.  He sounded like he was near me, to my right.

"Aw, I'm disappointed that you don't remember me, Nadia," the man cooed.  Suddenly, my brain clicked.  The warning signals screamed at me and it all made sense.

"Easton! Where am I?" I shouted.  The hotness pressing against my leg intensified and I could see a faint light from beneath th blanket covering me.

"You don't recognize this place?" he said in a mockingly sinister voice.  I could almost hear the wicked smile I could imagine on his face.

My eyes kept trying to adjust in the darkness, but I couldn't see anything except for the faint glow of what I guessed was my anklet.  Easton seemed unable to see it though.  How strange...

"You won't get away with this- whatever it is you're trying to do," I said clicely.  Easton snorted.

"I already mostly have.  Can't you feel the strength draining out of you?" Easton chuckled darkly.  It might have been the power of suggestion, and it could have just been an after-effect of the drugs, but I definitely wouldn't be running a marathon anytime soon- never mind a few yards!  I felt kind of hollow inside, like while I slept, my life slowly started to drain away.

"What did you do to me?" I asked, confused.

"I simply separated you from your life giver," he said as something sharp jabbed into my arm.  My head spun as he pushed the drug into my vein with the syringe.  My stomach retched as he injected me with the horrid sedative.  Life giver? What did he mean... 

My thoughts faded and blackness overwhelmed my mind.  I drifted into a horrid slumber, dreaming of teeth and knives and the awful syringe.

                             *                                        *                                        *

Whiteness.

Heavy breathing.

Panic.

He's coming to get me and I can't even run away.  My feet are rooted to the spot as if weighed down.  I struggle to try and lift them.  I need to find him!

Westley! I need to find him! He must send help! 

Agh! Pain! Darkness now.

Everywhere- consuming my soul.

Death chases me. Quick! Coldness seeps into my bones.  

Hunger.  Must stay alive!

Must stay alive for Westley!