Chapter 11 ~ Fall Flight

*Sigh* Another chapter up! Who's happy about the fourth chapter I've uploaded this week? I'm feeling pretty good about myself, but I'd still like to get more done.  I have one more week of Summer before school starts up again and I'm like to get as much written as possible! And I still have Summer homework to do... Maybe I should concentrate on that today! I probably won't though... Bad me! Anyways, enough of my rambling that probably doesn't matter to you.  Please VOTE and COMMENT.  It isn't that hard.  But whats more important than a vote or a comment, is that you enjoy the story, so read on!

                                                   ~xoxo Britt

************************************************************************************************************

I awoke to a loud banging noise coming from my door.

"Princess? Are you awake?" asked a feminine voice.

"I am now," I grumbled as I dragged myself out of bed and walked sluggishly towards the door.  I opened it to see Laura standing with a small mound of clothing in her arms.  She invited herself in and shut the door behind her, a glint in her brown eyes.

"You have to hurry and get dressed!" she shrieked as she dumped her load on my unmade bed.

"What's the rush?" I asked groggily as I yawned and rubbed my eyes with clenched fists.

"We are leaving in a couple of hours," she explained, taking a peek at the time piece in her pocket. before correcting herself. "Less... Less than two hours."

She began sorting through the mess until she had undergarments separated from a three dress selection and a couple of long ribbons.  There was a red and white long sleeve dress that reminded me of Mrs. Clause.  Another was an ugly brown made out of a horrid velvet.  The third was the best out of all three.

It was simple, made out of a sky blue silk.  I chose it and Laura quickly helped me into my clothing, buttoning up the pearly white buttons on the back like an expert.  I rather liked how it looked on me.  It had a low scoop neck and their weren't any annoying ruffles.  The only thing that was relatively fancy was the slight pouf in the short sleeves.

"Do women always wear dresses around here?" I asked as Laura ran a brush through my hair, pulling against my head to get all the tangles out.  I made a face.

Laura laughed, "In the spring we wear leggings and long tunics sometimes.  Why? Do you not like skirts?"

"They're okay, but I miss pants." I shrugged.  Laura pulled my hair into a bun and applied a bit of red lipstick to my lips.

"Perfect," she declared as she stood back from me to get a better view. "I only made the other dresses so I could rest assured that you would pick this one."

I stuck my tongue out at her through my smile before asking, "What time are we leaving?"

"Well, I am leaving now. Your escort will be here in a bit and you'll be leaving with him," Laura said with a wink as she gathered up the other two dresses and let herself out of my room.  I sighed and sat down on my bed.  Wait, escort?

Absentmindedly I began picking at a loose thread in the fabric of one of my blankets.  I wondered how faeries traveled from point A to point B and who my escort would be.  And why did I need an escort in the first place? I could take care of myself...

"Are you decent?" asked a male voice from behind the door after raping on it twice.  I groaned inwardly as I immediately recognized who it was.

"No! Go away!" I lied, letting my head fall face first into my pillow.