Chapter 8 ~ Pure Cure

So, I ended up typing this up much faster than what I had expected.  This feels really long to me.  It was about a dozen pages in my college ruled notebook, so we'll see.  This chapter is by far one of THE most important and I'm excited to get some feedback! You guys had better comment!  Tell me what you think! Anyways, I hope you enjoy this and it rises to your expectations.  A vote would be much appreciated.  I love you guys!

                                               ~Britski  xoxo

***********************************************************************************************************

By the end of day three, I was hectic.  My mother was most definitely dying.  I could see it in her eyes as the tumor sucked her life away.  Her skin was becoming more and more grey every day.  She was losing her hair.  Her eyes had long ago lost their sparkle.  

To make matters worse, I hadn't seen any of my friends- or Westley -in days.  I still couldn't decide if he had been telling me the truth or not about him being a fairy.  The dots all seemed to connect.  The leaf, the voices... Him rescuing me from the fallen tree... It was sad to see his house so dark and vacant.

A look at the clock by my bedside table revealed that it was currently just past eleven.  I made a split decision: I would go to the park and try to find the 'faries.'  What would be the worst thing that could happen?  If they were for real, my mother could be healed.  If they weren't, I'd call the police and go home.

I hurriedly changed into the first thing my fingers touched.  The white sundress I slipped into fell just past my knees.  I threw a dark denim jacket over top for warmth.  Sliding my feet into a pair of green converse, I grabbed my house keys, my anklet, and my now fixed skateboard and ran out the door.

                          *                                                            *                                                             *         

The park was once again empty and dark, the only light coming from the few stars visible amidst the think, eerie layer of clouds.  I set my skateboard on a park bench, hoping no one would steal it.  The night air was cold with the impending fall and I drew my jacket tighter around me.

"Um... Fairy people?" I said loudly, my breath creating a puff of fog in front of me.  Silence.  I swallowed dryly and wondered how on earth they expected me to find them.

"Hello?" I whispered into the darkness.  I was answered by a now familiar jingle of bells as my world faded to black.

                          *                                                            *                                                             *         

I bolted awake as an odd sensation of warmth shot up my broken arm.  I watched in fascination as my cast began to magical soften and fall away.  My arm was as good as new! Then I noticed where I was.  Instead of the shroud of leaves I had been expecting to see, I was surrounded by the walls of... a cave?

I was lying on top of a large bed, a red blanket covered me.  At the foot of the bed was what looked like a giant sized  velvet ring box.  It had gold bands around it and a peek inside revealed more linens.  This must be where they live, I thought.  A wooden door barred me from seeing outside of the chamber, but from the amount of light entering through the crack underneath the door, I could tell it wasn't the outdoors.

"I see you're awake!  Good!" exclaimed King Joshua as he, his wife, and a dozen or so other Fae crowded into the small room.  I found it odd that they were all wearing the same black leggings or skirt, depending on gender, the same black tunics, and the same black cloaks, all with the hoods up.  The King and Queen were the only two with their heads uncovered.  Queen Evelyn wore her crown and they both had a blood red rose embroidered on the front of their tunics.