013

The gunshot has ripped off her hearing, and she could feel her heart going slow making her feel sick. she wanted to throw up for all the terrible things she experienced in the past week being detained somewhere so filthy and dangerous. it terrified her the most, because the bullet missed her by one inch when it went through the man's flesh.

she stood frozen without blinking, her head popping as if to explode and now this painless moment where she was sure she should've been dead. but the man who hung onto her body slowly fell on the ground clutching onto his chest in pain. her face was stained with his blood, and she could hear him breathing brokenly by her feet.. slow murmurs of his last bits of life.

she was there free, yet it felt like she was trapped again. she started gasping for air she couldn't see anything except for the dying man soaked in a pond of blood. the smell, the sound and the visually impaired scenes horrified her..
and only when the thud came behind her of V dropping the gun, he caught her attention and she turned to him.

V, who was drenched in blood, was looking back at her exhausted. "-he.. i-" she wanted to scream, but that second nothing came out.

she wanted to cry, but all she gave was a face dead from emotions, "h-he died?- i didn't do-do it..i-.." he cut her off by pulling her arm, and she just fell into his embrace like a feather. if it wasn't for that her heart would have busted out on its own, but there in his stained tight hug she began crying.

"i caused h-his death!, i didn't m-mean to do this.." she mumbled to his chest and felt his hand on the back of her head. she knew then V had no idea on how to make anyone feel better by how sharp and hard he was petting her.

"he will f-forgive me right?" she didn't know why it felt like he died because of her, and for some reasons she couldn't stop blaming herself. she undid the hug to look back at his dying body thinking about trying her best to keep him alive?, but V cupped her cheeks preventing her from doing it.

"all you did was to save me, and that's all," he promised, but could she believe him?. the room started spinning she hit her head several times so to hear what he was saying next, but all she heard was muffled words of no meaning.

and it took only a brief pause in her life before she woke up drenched in sweat and pain in her head. it wasn't healthy for people like her, for people whose life was cleared from all these horrific events. she scanned her surroundings, "what is this place?"

the place was different from her stench cell. the walls were clean white, furnitures and smell of it were off an expensive price. was she now rewarded for her act of bravery? do these people even know how to pay someone back in goodness?

"is there a-anyone-" she hurried to stand, but hurt her wrist that was tied to the bed above her head.

only when she noticed it the pain of it being hanged for hours rushed in. it felt numb and cold. she was trying to loosen it, but the door opened, and there she saw Lay looking at her mischievously, 'the day you die will be my second birthday' she gritted her teeth.

"hello sleepy beast," he hissed at her appearance, she hasn't realized it yet but her uncombed hair and dry blood stains made her look like the Annabelle doll.

"what's happening here?" she asked whilst waiting for him to untie her, but he didn't even dare to get too close to her.

"you don't remember what happened?" he smirked.. Jennie sighed "i do, but i'm not sure if this is a reward or getting me ready for the next satanic ritual you devil-" and in a second he was by her side deepening her cheeks inward harshly with his fingers.

he studied her face before scoffing off his anger, and soon she felt her hand freed, and just as swiftly she moved away from him in fear.

he walked to the door playing with the rope that tied her, "for someone who still hasn't escaped her kidnappers, i admit it! you're brave," he snorted, and stood in middle looking at her.

she caressed her reddened wrist, "i deserve some answers then!"

"fair enough! last night we got attacked while boss was out on a mission. i guess that's all you get to know from me," he then tilted his head, there was something on his face.. as if he was replaying the scene where he had found her.. or them! 'my patient!'

"i remember that, but i also remember a pile of dead guards and my patient not being in a great state," she said almost in mockery of their failure in protecting V. but he didn't say anything, and she guessed he was bashed and yelled at by his boss for the same reason.

he was about to leave for good until she stopped him "wait!"

"when will you set me free?" she asked.

"that's not something you will hear from me," he said and she furrowed her eyebrows "then who would answer?"

stupid question that after minutes she found herself being dragged out to a vast hall with a dozen or less of armed men, facing the boss who sat on a chair, 'great!'

"we meet again doc," he called, and she looked at him dreadfully. he still looked dangerous despite the fact he was forcing a smile on, "i won't lie i got impressed by your recent decisions," he clicked his tongue, somehow disappointed.

"i did the surgery like i promised," Jennie mustered courage and finally looked dead in his eyes "and your son's life has been saved for the third time."

but he chuckled and crossed his legs with an attitude, "i bet you have better thing to say doc. you're smart don't let my hopes down," and they joined him in a laugh.

"you said do the surgery, and i did it. there is nothing more-" he interrupted her, "you get triggered easily doc," his eyebrows raised. she hated it. she hated it when someone wasn't taking her seriously. like her father, like her nannies over the years, like the bullies in school, in the hospital and in her life generally.

she stood up in anger "set me free," and yelled, but someone kicked her knee from behind and forced her to kneel again.

"tsk tsk..but why you stayed when you had a chance to leave?" he asked and she wished he hadn't. till this moment she regretted not running away, why save their lives when they didn't value hers? it was such a stupid thing to do.

he continued and leaned over to her, "my son is still suffering from his injuries, you're not to leave unless he is the same as before," and stared at her face stern and dangerous.

"so what?" she asked now laughing and trembling "if he could walk on his own, and i put an end to his pain. you'll let me go then without causing a harm?" she knew she couldn't believe him but that was her only way to give herself some hope.

and he shrugged "we'll talk again when that time comes," and with a nod two of his men came to hold her from each sides, and dragged her out of the hall. "you've got to promise me..." she fought, but they only laughed from behind and she wouldn't see him anymore.

'how much longer should i suffer to get out?'

she could see it was a whole new mansion by the design. this one looked fancier and cleaner, the crystal ceiling was enough to point it out. she hissed in pain as they tightened their hold of her arms, but soon dropped her on the ground outside of the grand hall.

"assholes" she cussed them and sat cautiously on the floor rubbing her arm. it felt weird that they left her free in the mansion so nonchalantly till Lay cleared his throat and made her flinch.

he was leaning against the wall playing with his silver gun, "I'll take you back to your room," he announced and gestured to her with his chin to stand. she rolled her eyes, and did what was told without any objections.

she suffered enough today and she needed a bit of time before causing any harm to herself.

'just few more days..I'll be free again'