008

'how one can get over things?'

a year passed and Jennie celebrated her birthday thirteen minutes ago, with Jimin alone on the hospital rooftop. a cupcake, one candle and Jimin's charming voice singing for her.. the little happy moment was destroyed by an alarm of emergency that they had to leave the cupcake on the bench for the wind to blow the candle out for her.

to her Paris felt like a dream. it was a year ago but she still could feel its air in her lungs, the sparks that ignited fought for so long to stay in her heart but eventually they all dimmed down. her life as a doctor will probably be the best thing.. dreaming for more wouldn't do anything except to add sorrow and she had so much of that already.

only him could lessen it.. or could for the least make her forget about it. that charming guy on the balcony.. the star of Paris.. she lost him when she lost Paris and it all hurt too deep.

"do you hear me? Jennie-ssi!" she broke out from her thoughts and saw the panicked nurse almost crying in front of her.. "huh! Sunmi-ah! what happened-"

"Chairman Kim.. he wants you in his room now!" now she understood the fear of the latter. her father wanted her, and he almost never requested to see her!

she found herself running the stairs because the elevator took too long to come. finally when panting and sweating like heck, she knocked on the door before fixing her hair and clothes.

"Chairman Kim!" that was how she called her father in a room filled with people.

"took you long to come, close the door" he demanded and stood up with everyone else following his actions. there was a line of surgeons and dozen of nurses.

Jennie was confused.. she didn't see Jimin anywhere. she didn't see him again after the emergency alarm.

"we got a report from police. a shootout happened near Gangnam, eleven people injured and three deaths already.. its severe and the ambulances are on the way," he started walking on a line back and forth.

now Jennie understood the panic on nurse Sunmi's face. it was serious and usually in situations like this Jennie would be on Doctor Son's team who helped in the surgery of those who needed it, and as expected her father began to set the teams that he always picked best.

"Doctor Lee, you and your team will be in charged of those who sustained lesser injuries with no risks on their lives," the Doctor bowed his head and waited for the rest to be announced so they head to work but just like the rest he gasped when the next name being called wasn't Doctor Son, but rather someone nobody expected..

nor she expected it too.

"Jennie, you will be the head Doctor for the surgery team."

her eyes wide and hands already shaking, 'why?' she looked at her father but he already moved on to name the rest of the teams and their jobs.

"you're dismissed.. good luck everyone." he said at last and sat down on his chair checking documents of medical records.

the teams quickly went to work, but Jennie stayed behind.

she couldn't stop looking at her father and could hear the ambulances getting nearer, "why me? why now?" she asked.