Chapter 10

*TRIGGER WARNING: CONTAINS BLOODY/VIOLENT/GRAPHIC SCENE*
Archer sat in a pub in central London,  nursing a jack and coke and some peanuts. A young blonde woman next to him was being harrassed by some of the male drunkards. She kept on refusing their advances but they didn't seem to accept no for an answer. Archer had been on earth for about a year, he had gotten acclimated to the social atmosphere. Archer had gotten a flat above the pub, so he just relaxed in the pub and got discounted food. The men touched and the girl, grabbing her arm, touching her hair, touching her bum, the men revolted Archer. The girl quickly got up and made her way out of the bar, trying to get away from the men. They followed less than a minute after she left, Archer knew they had less than decent intentions. Archer grabbed his jacket off the back of the chair and made his way out of the pub. Archer didn't see the group but heard some scuffling in a near by ally. Archer quickly made his way to the ally, finding the girl pinned against the brick wall, the main offenders nose dripping with blood, the girl had clearly fought back. Archer stepped forward into the ally to stop the assault the guy closest got in a lucky sucker punch to his jaw. The guy pinning the girl to the wall, retaliated by bashing her head into the wall. She slid down the wall, slumping unconscious, and bleeding a little on the side of her head. Archer punched the closest guy in the throat, then kicked his kneel out, effectively disabling his ability to walk. Moving on to the man who harmed the girl, Archer wanted to make it especially painful. Archer grabbed the man by the face, forcing his thumb into the man's eye socket, popping a few blood vessels, though far from blinding the man. The man screamed and begged for mercy, before resigning to whimpering for his mum, while cradling his face. The third man just ran seeing the murderous glint in Archer's eyes. Archer's demeanor changed instantly as he heard a pained groan crawl out of the girls throat. Archer found her clutch under the dumpster, opening it to find her ID. Her name was Mila Parker and she lived just up the street. Archer scooped her into his arms, carrying her back to her flat, making sure that nothing else happened to her. He finally reached her flat, pulling the keys from her clutch and unlocking her door. He found his way to her bedroom, placing her gently, tucking her under the comforter. Archer got a towel from the bathroom and wiped the blood from the side of her head gingerly trying not to hurt her. Archer found a notepad in her kitchen and left a short message explaining that she she was hit in the head but nothing happened after that, and apologized for getting to her sooner. Archer made his way back to the pub, going upstairs to his flat, tired from the day. He sat on his bed looking at his bounty tracked, after escaping from the MIB a week ago his sister seemed to disappear. He didn't know who the blonde man was and he especially didn't know how to find him. Archer had spies all over the city, he had recruited some Heathans to keep an eye out for Anastasia. They also helped Archer escape from the MIB, their teleportation abilities coming in handy.
Archer sat on his bed trying to come up with a solution to his missing sister, he felt angry and out of control.
Archer slipped into a dreamless sleep, he huddled under the covers for warmth, seeing as it was getting cold. Archer woke up to a knock at his door, he peered over at his alarm clock and noticed it was 7:30 in the morning. He sat up not bothering to put on a shirt despite the brisk air in his flat. Archer opened his door finding the girl from last night, she had a dark discolored bruise on the side of her head. He knew he shouldn't even care about this human girl, but his honor kept a raging fire burning in him for vengeance. For the most part her hair covered the bruise, but Archer knew it was there.
"The bar keep said that he saw you leave when soon after the rowdy men from last night, were you the one from last night?" Mila asked she had a honey sweet voice. Something told Archer that she was different he didn't know what but he could feel it in his bones. Archer didn't answer but she knew, but she also knew who he was and where he was from.
"Thank you, if it weren't for you...I think we both know that those men didn't have honorable intentions." Mila stated.
"You dont need to thank me, besides I dont think I would be able to sleep at night knowing I could have done something to prevent it. Bad things shouldn't happen to good people." Archer said. His statement both touched and irked Mila, she didn't show nor voice her frustration.
"Do you want some coffee?" The question slipped out of his mouth, shocking them both, but even more surprisingly she said yes. Archer quickly grabbed a shirt from his flat, slipping it over his head and walking out the door to the hallway where Mila was waiting. Archer ordered the coffee and some hash browns, sausage and eggs, figuring that Mila hadnt eaten yet. They had chosen a booth to sit at, Archer was intently curious as to why she seemed so different.
"So is this like a date or something?" Mila asked.
"Well I really hadnt intended it like that, you just seem different." Archer replied.
"Different how?" Mila asked.
"I dont know, it's hard to describe, it's like we are the same.
"We are not the same." Mila said quickly, almost hostile.
"What do you mean by that?" Archer asked immediately feeling defensive.
"You are the prodigal son, the coming prince. And who I am doesn't matter to someone like you." Mila said getting up and walking out of the pub.