Chapter 9

"Oh come on." A whined, and ran towards the balcony, dragging H behind her, landing in the pool below, and swimming to the side. The shadow jumped over the balcony, following them, landing with the pool between them. A grabbed H's arm, trying desperately to end the head dive. After a moment of distress she let go and stepped onto the water as well, facing her father. The shadow reached out grabbing A by the neck, stabbing her in the abdomen with the knife where she was hurt in Paris. A yelped in pain, it hurt to breathe, it hurt to think, it felt like fire spreading throughout her. The figure dissolved and A dropped like a stone into the pool. The world around her got dark as she slowly sank further and further into the water. She couldn't breathe, she couldn't see, she couldn't escape, the pain in her abdomen only got worse. H dove into the pool, swimming around looking for A, desperately searching for her.
"You just made it so easy, there is so much pain and suffering. I may not be as strong as you, but I have more experience. Have fun little sister." A heard Archer say menacingly.
A tumbled through the mind scape darkness and light swirling around her, suffocating her, suddenly she stopped floating and started falling fast. A landed softly on a bed, her eyes were squeezed shut from the falling. She felt something around her waist, a pair of strong arms holding her gently, turning over to face H. A hated the fact that she couldn't smell or taste anything in the head dives, H always smelled nice. H absentmindedly brushed his fingertips along her bare back. H's hair was soft and smooth looking like golden honey, his eyes shone azure resembling the sea, yet his presence didn't feel right, it didn't feel real. It dawned on A that it wasnt real, that the ghost Archer inbedded in her subconscious, was sending her on a trip, the turbulent jaunt in her mind scape.
A was at a table a cup of coffee and a plate of eggs, she was in a beautiful house with modern architecture and modern decor. A stood, standing at the sink, the sky was beautiful,  the birds singing lulling songs. The world was beautiful. A heard shuffling behind her, and jangling keys, H reared around the corner, carrying a small child about five or six. H was dressed for work and the child was in her school uniform, she had H's golden hair, but her eyes were green like A's.
"Hey hun, I'm taking the little one to school, love you." H said giving her a chaised kiss. A knew it wasnt real but she wanted this life, even though she never saw herself having kids, she never even wanted kids.
"Bye mommy!" The young girl said cheerily waving at her, making A swoon, before she was pulled back into the void. She felt an intense heat rising through her body before she thudded into a large stone chair in the middle of an open room. The room was dimly lit, was comprised of dark stone from floor to ceiling, etched designs along the walls. A looked over seeing bodies littered along the throne room giving a looming horror the the scene. A looked down seeing her hands covered in blood up to the elbows, bits of flesh clung to her sleeves, looking at her self in terror and getting up. She faced the throne, a shiny reflective stone that showed her smiling like a mad woman, scaring her. A reared backwards though her reflection stepped out of the throne, the eyes staring at her hauntingly resembling the eyes of the Hive alien form Paris. In a split second it had its hands around her throat, choking her, throttling the life from her, aggressively maiming her. A breaks free from the reflection, falling backwards down into the void again seeming to sort of just float in a dark nothingness awaiting her next trip.
H could hear A calling for him, it seemed to sound far away and like a song in the wind. H dove deep into the water swimming as far as he could, looking around for her. A felt a pair of arms wrap around her waist, pulling her from the void. They surfaced, both gasping for air, H guiding both of them to the edge of the pool and dragging them out. H sat there holding A, hugging her tightly into his chest, relieved to have her back. A pulled away from H quickly, scrambling away and breathing heavily.
"Is... is this real?" A asked.
"What do you mean, love? Did you hit your head or something?" H replied.
"Only you can say something like that." A said hugging H tightly, slipping out of the head dive. It was dark in the typewriter repair shop, they had been in the head dive for at least 10 hours. A was extremely parched and hungry from the long and turbulent head dive. A could smell H's sweet cologne and was incredibly glad to be back in the physical world. H pulled A in gently, kissing the top of her head, brushing her hair softly.
"That was a shocking experience. Is it always like that?" H asked.
"No, I'm usually in total control of the mind scape but Archer planted a ghost in my subconscious."
"That was the shadow figure with the knife?" H asked.
"Yeah it usually doesn't take hold until you fall asleep when you least suspect it, it sends you on a trip and it usually lasts for a couple days." A replied.
"How long were we in there for?" H asked.
"I would say around 9 or 10 hours."
"Also speaking of Archer, he knows where you live, dou you want to stay with me?" H offered.
"Yeah I would love to do that." A said going with H to his new car.