I'll Be Waiting For You

Chapter Fourteen

I had to stay in the hospital for a long while because the doctors wanted to make sure that the baby and I were free of infection.I couldn't even think off seeing her connected to all of those wires.

"Shayla!You should see her,she's beautiful!"My mom said.

"Is she okay?!"

"Yes and you can take her home tonight."

I said a slight thank you to God for keeping my baby alive and letting her gain the necessary weight.April and Lexus helped me get all of my things ready because I was in every way excited to get out of the hospital.Soon I go to hold my beautiful creation.She looked just like Ronnie.She had little dark eyes,but I laughed as I noticed she was blessed with my hair.Ronnie would have loved to see her.She was absolutely wonderful and a work of art.Then she let out a cry.I was so scared that I had hurt her,but the nurse reassured me that she was just making herself known to me and she wanted more attention.I quickly cuddled her to make sure she was okay and she stopped crying.

"You've got a set of lungs,don't you?Are you going to be a singer just like your daddy?"

She showed a small smile.

"I love you too,Addisyn."

****************************************

"You're so pretty!Yes,you are!"I said playing with my gorgeous 2 month old daughter.

Suddenly,my phone alerted me that I had a new email.It was from Craig.

I know that you really miss Ronnie now and can't see that I'm better for you,but just know that I'll always be here for you because I love you,Shayla Ashley-Marie Green.I hope you like the little song I wrote for you.

I clicked the little link to hear a new ETF song called Ashley.I was in shock.Craig was good,but there wasn't enough emotion in it.Addisyn started to nod her little head to the music and I quickly turned it off.

"No,sweetie,we only dance to Daddy's music."

I sighed,knowing that we wouldn't hear Ronnie's sweet music for 3 years.

"Looks like it's just me and you,Addie."

She giggled.I knew that we would be okay for a while without Ronnie.But when he got out of jail,I would be waiting to marry him.

I loved him with all my heart.