Say It's Not True

Chapter Seven

“SHAYBUG!”April yelled at me.”I miss you soooooo much!”

I laughed. I had missed her too and the past few months had been hard without her.

“Hi,baby.”She said,rubbing my stomach.

I hadn't noticed that I was developing a slight baby bump until April noticed it for me. I couldn't believe that I was actually carrying a human individual inside me.

“Is it that noticeable?”I asked,worried.

April raised an eyebrow.”No,not really. Why?”

“Well,um...I sorta haven't told the guys yet.”

“What?!So Max doesn't know?!”She yelled.

“Of course not!Do you want me to be killed?!”

I dropped on the couch,feeling defeated. Telling Max was the only thing that stood in my way. I knew that he would freak out and most likely never talk to me again.

April sighed.”Is Ronnie going to get better?”she asked.

She knew too. She was at those parties with me and saw exactly what Ronnie was doing. She knew how it was affecting him and how it was affecting me too.

I shook my head. “I'm not sure...he got mad and didn't want to talk about it. Ow..”When I started to explain,I felt a sharp pain in my stomach.

“Woah,Shayla,are you okay?”

I shook my head.

“Okay,we're getting you to the hospital.”

*********************************************

“Shayla!”My mom said as she hugged me.

I was laying in a hospital bed with IVs hooked to me. All I could worry about was the health of my baby. I couldn't help,but think that I had done something wrong.

“Mom..”I said,weakly.

“Don't worry,sweetie,everything will be alright. I didn't tell Max why you were here.”

I nodded. Then the doctor came in.

“Hello,Ms. Green,everything will be okay. It seems that you've been under a lot of stress lately and it's not good for the baby. I would suggest that you try to stay relaxed and you're first prenatal check-up is next week. You’re free to go.”She said then walking out.

My mom and April sighed in relief. I was relieved that the baby was okay,but the doctor was asking me to do something nearly impossible,relax. I knew that I was constantly going to be worried about Ronnie,the health of our baby,and telling Max. The car ride was silent,mainly I was trying to avoid disturbing the massive headache I had,but then I was still worrying about Ronnie. I hadn't heard from him all day and I was starting to get beyond worried. I picked up my phone to call him,but it was snatched away by April.

“You heard what the doctor said,you need rest!You are not getting your phone back until you realize that.”She said,sternly.

I nodded,refusing to protest. I knew that once April was set on something you couldn't change her mind.

Sleep didn't come easy for me that night.

********************

“SHAY!WAKE UP!”I heard April yell.

I woke up groggily.”What's..wrong?Is something on fire..”

“Worse..Ronnie's in jail.”

In that moment,my worst fear ahd come true.