It's All Going Downhill

Chapter Ten

"Pregnant?!You're pregnant?!"Max yelled at me.

I nodded.Just like I thought it had escalated quickly and everything was going bad.

"And it's Ronnie's.."I said softly.

Suddenly,I jumped when Max flipped a table.

"Maxwell,calm down,this energy isn't good for Shay!"My mom yelled.

"I can't calm down,mom!My own sister went behind my back and was fucking my best friend!"

"I'm engaged to him and we love each other!"I snapped,trying to defend myself,but I quickly felt like I was just making matters worse.

Max's rage went from 100 to 1,000 at that moment.I had never seen my brother so upset.

"When were you going to tell me this Shay?!"

I shook my head,going silent,as my hormones raged and caused me to weep.

"Oh,you weren't...well...you brought this on yourself!I don't ever want to see you,Ronnie,or that bastard child you're carrying ever again!"

I snapped.No one and I mean no one,was allowed to talk about Ronnie and my child like that.I quickly jumped out of my chair and jumped on Max.I just let him have it,I blacked out.I didn't know what I was punching at,but I just kept hitting.

"Shayla Ashley-Marie Green!"My mom yelled,trying to pull me off of Max.

I guess that I had forgotten that I was pregnant.I pulled away from Max with tears in my eyes and then I ran upstairs.I ran right into my old room from when I was a kid.My mom was a firm believer in not throwing anything away.It was covered with Green Day and Blink-182 pictures,two of my favorite bands.Little pictures of Max,April,and I filled little picture frames and I still had my Batman bedsheets.I smiled at the simpler time.I plopped right on the bed and drifted into a coma-like sleep.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I woke up about an hour later,feeling and looking like a mess.I fixed myself up a little bit and walked downstairs.If Max was still there,I had no intention of apologizing.He deserved what he got.

"Max,went home,sweetie,but someone stayed and he's waiting for you outside."My mom said.

I raised an eyebrow.I went outside to see Craig.I blushed.

"I see you stayed."I said.

He smiled."I had to check on you and make sure that you were okay."

I looked down and sat next to him on the porch.

"I can only imagine...what you must think of me..after seeing that."I said,looking down at my feet.

He lifted my head with his hand."It's okay,you've been through a lot and besides,I like when a girl knows how to fight."He said then kissing my cheek."See you around,Shay."

I just sat there in shock and hoping that Ronnie wouldn't find out.