Can We Reverse This Curse?

Chapter Thirteen

"The doctor said that you're going to be fine,Shay.You just have to take it easy."My mom said as she helped me to my room.

"But...what about Ron-"

She cut me off." Don't mention him now,it will only make you more upset."

"Mom,I'm fine."

"No,you're not.You need rest."

I looked down at my feet.I couldn't just forget about Ronnie,especially since that there was someone willing to love me in ways that Ronnie couldn't during his current state.I would still love him no matter what,even thought that by doing drugs he was breaking my heart,but I never wanted to let him go,especially for someone like Craig.He was ready to go as far as to steal me away from my fiancé.

"Mom,I can't rest when the father of my child is out there doing God knows what!"

"Sh! Calm down,you'll upset the baby....have she moved yet?"

I shook my head."She..?"

"I have a feeling that it's a girl."She said,trying not to mention the unusual fact the the baby hadn't moved.

"You think she's okay,mom?"

She nodded."I'll see you later,I have to go find your brother."

I gave her a kiss and a hug before staring down at my swollen 7-month pregnant belly.

"Hi,baby.Can you hear me?It's mommy.I love you,Daddy isn't here right now,but he loves you too.Why aren't you moving,honey?Are you okay?"

I waited to see if the baby would respond by moving,but there was nothing.

"I just want you to know that no matter what...I love you.If you're sick,I'll take care of you forever if I have to,but please be okay.You're the closet thing to my heart and if something happened to you,I don't know what I would do.Could you please move for mommy?"

I waited again and still nothing.I just sat there and rubbed my belly in circular motion.Soon the hours passed and there was still no Ronnie.Not only that,but my pain increased,physically and emotionally.The more I worried about Ronnie,the more pain I felt.Eventually,I got enough strength to get out of bed to get April.On my way to her room,my water broke.

"No,no,no!I'm only seven months,you can't possibly want to come out now!"

My outburst caused April to come out of the room,I noticed she was fully dressed and ready to go.

"I already called your mom and Max.Let's go."

She helped me get to the car and by that time I was crying.I wasn't even focused until April chimed in.

"Shit!"

I snapped my head up and looked at all of the cars in front of us...traffic.

"No!This cannot be happening!"

"It's happening."April said.

I looked at my stomach.I was really worried.

"Just relax,Shay!"

"How can I relax when I'm having a baby 2 months early,I'm stuck in traffic,and my fiancé is out doing drugs?!"

She looked shocked."I'm going to get us out of this!"She said getting out of the car.

"Oh hell no..."

A few minutes passed and April came back with a bunch of police cars,willing to give an escort through the traffic.I was going to thank April,but she cut me off.

"Don't underestimate me."She said and I just simply nodded,in too much pain to respond with words.

When we got to the hospital,I was rushed in on a wheelchair and immediately checked in.Max and my mom were already there.

"We have to keep the baby in before her water breaks,"The nurse said.

"It already did."My mom said.

The nurse's eyes widened,knowing that I was only 7 months.I was sobbing,scared for the future of my baby.The doctor came in and checked me,turns out I was ready to give birth and it was too late for drugs!My mom and April stayed in the room with me while Max stayed outside.I was screaming bloody murder and I was certain the pain would never end.I'm sure that April's hand was broken.

"It's a girl!"The doctor said.

I smiled."You were right mom..."I said,out of breath and sweaty.

Then the doctor started to take her away from me,she wasn't crying or breathing.

"No!"I screamed as they rushed her out.

It was supposed to be the happiest moment of my life,but I didn't have Ronnie and I wasn't sure if I would have my daughter.

I drifted into a painfully sweet sleep,but was awoken by my sobbing mother.I sat up,looking for an answer.

"They have Ronnie again and he's not getting out this time."

My world came crashing down fast.