Chapter 6: Mind tricks

Yoshiki

" Shinozaki? Miki? Anybody?"

Nobody answers. The only noise if the wind rattling the rotted wood that was this school. The uniforms of the bodies lying around ruffled as I walked by .

I don't know how long I've been in Heavenly Host. It feels like hours, even days. I was so tired and hungry, that Yuki's idea of being her big brother... Was starting to sound nice... Being happy, with her forever....

No! I can't think about that. Yuki must be playing with my mind. That little creep.

I walked for a couple more minutes, my exhaustion increasing by the second.

Help...

What was that?

Help...

I began to dart up and down the halls, searching for the person in trouble.

Yoshiki...help!

Wait... I know that voice...

It's Ayumi!

" Ayumi! I'm coming!" I yelled.

Running at full speed, I shot down another hall, until I came across what I was looking for.

Tokiko, the little headless ghost, had Ayumi pinned to the ground. She held her scissors high, and Ayumi wailed in fear.

" YOSHIKII! HEEELP!"

I was about to yell, but I realized that I had been paralysed. I could only watch as Tokiko swung her scissors down, and into Ayumi's eye.

" EYAAAAAAAAAA! AAAAAAARGH! IT HURTS! IT HURTS! STOP!"

Ayumi struggled against her assailant, but the girl was weak from her eye gushing blood. Her movements became weaker, and weaker, until they stopped completely.

She was dead.

Giving a small chuckle, Tokiko rose from Ayumi's corpse and walked over to me.

" Thanks for letting me play with Onee-chan. She's a lot of fun!" She said, before returning to Ayumi's body.

I felt my movement come back, and I crumpled to the ground in shock. I had been too late to save her. What am I gonna tell Hinoe, and Miki? It should have been me that died. I'm a horrible person. I let my crush die in front of my eyes. It's my fault. I can't even bring her back, like our friends that originally died here did. When Yuki was nice, she brought out friends back to life. But not now. Ayumi is dead, and it's my fault. I don't deserve to return to the normal world.

" Yuki..." I whispered. My sanity was dripping away like tea in a leaky teapot. I could just become Yuki's big brother. It won't be so bad...

" Yes, Yoshiki?" Ayumi said.

My eyes snap open. Ayumi's corpse had risen up into a sitting position. Tokiko wasn't attacking at all, instead, she sat, looking amused.

" Ayumi? Is that really you?" I ask.

Ayumi starts to cackle. Brown starts to leak from the roots of her hair, turning her blue hair brown. She became smaller in size, and before I knew it, Yuki was sitting where Ayumi was.

" GYAHAHAHAAAA! He fell for it! He fell for it! Good idea Tokiko! I can't believe he thought I was his precious Ayumi! HAAHAHAA!" She guffawed. She gave Tokiko a high five, before turning to me.

" Like our little mind trick? I played Ayumi well, don't you think?" She asked proudly.

I staggered up, in complete shock. Then that shock turned to anger. Yuki had tricked me. She deliberately tried to drain my sanity, so that I would be her big brother. Little b****!