Chapter 2: The hospital

* beep* *beep* *beep* *beep*

" Uurgh..."

*beep* *beep* *beep* *beep*

" What's that beeping noise?"

The blonde opened his eyes slowly, to reveal Ayumi and his other friends staring down at him, eyes ready with happiness.

" Yoshiki! Your awake!" Ayumi laughed, before pulling him into a gentle hug.

" Hehe."

Satoshi stepped up and hugged him next, exept his was alot more tight than Ayumi's.

" Ow! Man.. Dude, watch the ribs..."

" Sorry! I'm just worried! You could have freaking died! You idiot..." He said, giving him another hug.

Yoshiki chuckled, and accepted more hugs from everyone. His broken ribs protested, but he kept quiet about that.

" So what happened, after I blacked out?"

Ayumi shuddered. " You were loaded onto the ambulance, when you began having seizure-like attacks. It was after shock from the truck hitting you. There was blood all over the road, and the driver of the truck, I saw him I the window of the truck. He had his head in his hands, and he never came out to say sorry. Di*k."

Yoshiki tried to recall what happened that day. He remembered Ayumi's frantic wail, and the truck barreling towards him. He remembers the stunning pain in his chest, as the front of the car smashed into his abdomen. Most clear of all, he remembers lying on the street, in a painful haze, when Ayumi was apologizing.

"Yoshiki! I'm sorry! I'm sorry! Please don't die! Please!"

Her words, her caring words made some of the pain go away. They made him happy, to know that she values him. If only she loved him...

With a pained groan, he let his eyes close and his head rest on the pillow.

" Yoshiki!" Satoshi screamed.

" What the f***, man? I'm not dying!"

" Oops, sorry..."

" You loveable idiot, Satoshi."

" Hey!"

Yoshiki once more let his eyes close, and almost immediately falls asleep. He yawned, and listened to a nurse talk to her friends, telling him about his injuries.

"... Broken ribs..."

" ... Damaged skull..."

"... Leg shattered..."

That was all he could pick up, before he fell into sleep. He felt a small hand brush his cheek, then a bigger one.

"Will Yoshiki get better, Ayumi?"

" Oh, I bet he will. Nothing can kill this guy. Don't worry, Yuka. It'll be okay."