Chapter Four

"Okay, so I'm sorry I had to call you about this, but there has been a change of plans and someone else is coming with us to the burger joint."

"Uh, may I ask why?"

"Well, you see...after I left, I went to the gas station to buy chocolate like I had promised..."

"Yeah, and?"

"There was a robbery, and my friend works there so me and Bendy just kind of took them out. She saw everything, and she said she won't tell anyone, and now she wants me to tell her all about what happened to me. Please help me." Silence is all that came from the other end for what almost feels like a minute.

"Why did you guys go and do that? The cops could have handled it..." The guy sounds miserable, as if he is questioning life as the conversation progresses. You can practically feel him pinching the bridge of his nose from the other end of the phone.

"Nøpè. Thē pølīce wëreñ't thēré før it - wēre."

Thank you Bendy. I'm pretty sure they would have gotten away with it if it weren't for us meddling kids.

What?

It's a- Actually, nevermind. I'll show you it later or something.

"Well, someone saw you guys. Do you know the magnitude of-" Henry using big, adult words? Nah, gotta cut that off...

"Alright, I'm going to to stop you right there. She's good at keeping secrets. She hates people who don't - trust me. Even if she did tell someone, do you really think they'd believe her?" He's silent for a second before you hear a sigh on the other end of the phone.

"...no."

"Great. I'm glad you finally gained some brain cells over the years."

"Look, just make sure you never let anyone see you guys again. Especially see you _____. If people find out about Ben' and you, I can tell you you'll be in hiding for the rest of your life."

"Nøt īf I chæñge øúr fæcë."

Huh, I forgot about that. Nice come back, B. You feel his pride radiate from the back your your head.

"If you change your faces, you'll have to get a new identity and everything. A new driver's license. You'll no longer have your graduation certificate, or anything else you've earned from school or college."

"Well...okay. That's actually a pretty good point..." The symbiote deflates a little, so you rub your sleeve again, which in return, makes him completely forget that Henry just put him down.

"I'm just saying that you need to be careful. Careful with who you trust, and careful about what you do and where you do it." You start to hear a lot of background noise from the other end of the phone. "I got to let you go. See you later."

"Okay, bye."

Brrrrrrrrrr-

He hung up.

Beep!

"Alright, so you heard the guy. We gotta be stealth."

Stealthy, not stealth.

"Alright; one, that's a joke; two, did you just grammar Nazi me? You must have learned a shit ton of our language to come to the conclusion that you can grammar correct me."