Chapter Three

You are walking through the studio during work. You have time off due to it being lunch hour, but you feel like if you're caught walking around you'll get your ass kicked. Everything here feels weirdly different and off, but that's okay. You'll just go and find Henry and talk to him about it.

Footsteps can be heard from up ahead, and they're not yours. You panic on the spot, but don't hide in time to put that panic to good use. From around the corner, Joey walks up and catches sight of you.

"____! What are you doing, not working??" Not working? But isn't it lunch? You can't even manage a response as Joey pulls a switch blade out of his pocket. Wasn't it an antique? Aren't you not supposed to bring weapons out to public places?

Isn't the one that he threw at Henry? Wait, did he throw it at Henry? When? You thought someone told you about it, but shouldn't he have already gotten in trouble for it then?

"You ignorant imbecile! You will regret quitting!!" Wait, you quit?

Oh yeah, you did. Why are you still here? Aren't you on lunch break though? Why are you on lunch break if you had quit?

Just then, he throws his switchblade at your shoulder, like he did with Henry. However, you don't feel it. Why can't you feel it?

You look at your shoulder to see Bendy's hand covering it. He stands right beside you, and you both look at each other.

Don't worry, I'll kick his ass.

Bendy lunges at Joey and grabs him by the throat. Joey then starts melting into an ink puddle. How did he do that? That was really quick...

Bendy stands back up and looks back at you.

See? Loser. More of a loser than Henry, actually.

"You talk different." You finally managed to say something. Cool. Bendy smiles wider.

I've learned a lot from being with you, you're smarter than Joey.

Your face doesn't feel warm, but you think you're blushing right now. Are you? Why were you so afraid of him before? He's nice. Henry's nice too, but you don't see him a lot. Not anymore. Not for a long time. Didn't you just see him though? Weren't you just going to go talk to him? Maybe all three of you can have lunch together this time.

"Can all three of us have lunch this time?" Bendy gives a weird look before ditching it for a smile.

Not at the moment. You're not in the state of mind to be eating anyway. He laughs at you, but you don't get what's so funny. What does he mean by 'state of mind?' You're not crazy like Joey, are you?

That's not what I mean. He starts talking more normal and even more normal with each passing moment, but okay. Did you even say that out loud?

Bendy grabs your hand and takes you to the exit.

Man, you're oblivious and clueless when you're sleeping.

Wait, what?

***

You wake up feeling a constant blow of cold air being directed on your face, along with the familiar noise of air blowing through a car AC. Opening your eyes, you squint as you try to adjust your eyes to the lighting. Looking around you find that you are buckled in the back seat of a moving vehicle - your vehicle.

"Huh, wha...? ...where are we?" You slur as you mumble.

"Oh, you're awake." Henry looks back at you for a brief second before gluing his eyes back onto the road. "You were out for quite a while. You took long enough for us to be able to grab a bunch of souvenirs from the studio."