Chapter Two

It has been a long while since Henry has last seen the symbiote, so he is quite startled when it comes crawling in after what feels like hours of its absence. When the symbiote finally "reunites" with the man, Henry feels a wave of frustration wash over him.

He blinks a few times, assesses the situation, and asks, "What's got you so worked up? What happened?" His curiosity leaves him quietly waiting for the symbiote the respond.

They escaped. Hit me with fire board.

His confusion is visible through the shifted expression on his face. "A fire board? Like they lit a wooden board on fire and hit you with it?"

Yes...

Henry winces. "Yikes. You must have really scared the poor guy. Even I wouldn't have gone that far." Did they happen to have a blow torch or lighter on them? Did they know of the symbiote's weakness to fire, or did they just conclude that most creatures do not react well with fire?

Not guy. Girl.

"What? I thought I told you not to go after them if they were a kid or woman!" Anger rises in the man's heart. Does this symbiote not listen to what he says, or does it just not care?

No, they are different.

"What do you mean 'different'?" His anger is still evident, despite the curiosity.

I mean not like you, pussy. Perfect host, not just suitable.

"Wait, what?" His anger dies down, making way for a little bit of hope. "You actually..."

Yes! They got away though.

"Did they work here?"

Yes.

"Well who are they??" Henry starts thinking of all the possible people it could be. He narrows it down to Allison and _____.

The symbiote looks through the man's memories of those two people to find the face that it saw. After nearly a minute the woman was finally identified.

_____.

Henry's face lights up for the first time in a while. He'll finally get to see her again. Maybe he will introduce her to his wife, Linda. Maybe his daughter too. They would love to meet her. He can invite her over for dinner or-

Not if I can't get her.

As his thoughts were cut off by Bendy's interruption, he shifts back to confusion. "Err, what?"

She got away.

"Well, I'm pretty sure you scared the crap out of her. You don't exactly have the most friendly appearance..." He was certainly spooked when Bendy had chased him around the studio, and he would assume that there would be no human exceptions.

Wait, I have an idea.

He can practically feel the symbiote's toothy grin as it forces him to stand up. "W-wait, what are you going to do?"

Get her.

"How??"

You. She likes you, trusts you.

Oh. Oh no no no...

"I don't think it's ethical to trick or force her. Maybe if we just explain to her the situation, maybe-"

No, this is easier. Explain after.

"Are you kidding me?? Stop-" Bendy seems to be too enthusiastic to listen to any of Henry's protests, as Henry takes off against his will at the mercy of the symbiote. This is not how he wants his day to go. Sure, he will get to see his former coworker and good friend again, but at the expense of his free will for an entire hour or possibly longer. A scowl comes to his face.