4. Meeting his family

...The next day...

I woke up at 8. 'Oh my God. From the past 6 years, I keep waking up in the middle of the night. How is it possible that I didn't woke up even a single time today.' I thought to myself. I picked up my mobile.

(Texting)
Y- Good morning, babe.
M- Hey!! Good morning, love.
Y- You know what?
M- What?
Y- I didn't woke up in the middle of the night.
M- That's great!
Y- Thank you, Matt.
M- Why are you thanking me?
Y- It may sound weird but I think from the time we came in relationship, I am feeling a lot happier. I am laughing more than I used to. You make me happy. I love you.
M- Aww.. Love, that's so sweet. I love you too.
Y- Ok. Talk to you later. Going to take a shower.
M- Can I also come?😉
Y- 🤦🏻‍♀️
M- I'll take that as a no.

I laughed and went to take a shower. Then had some breakfast, got ready and waited for Matt to come.

(Call)
Y- Hello baby.
M- Hey love. You ready?
Y- Yup.
M- Cool. I'll be there in 15.
Y- Ok. See you soon.

                          ...Time skip...

I received a message from Matt that he's here. I grabbed my purse and mobile and went out. I hopped in his car.

Y- Do I look ok?
M- You look beautiful.
Y- I am getting nervous. Do you think your mom will accept me as your girlfriend?
M- *looks doubtful* What the heck are you even saying?
Y- Even I don't know what I am saying.
M- *grabbing my hand* My mom loves you, (y/n). She always wanted us together. Relax.

After about half an hour, we reached there.

Y- Do I look ok?
M- Oh god. For the 7th time, yes you look beautiful.
Y- *clears throat* Ok. I am ready. I can do this.

Matt was about to ring the doorbell, when I stopped him.

Y- I am getting nervous. I can't do this.
M- *laughs* (y/n)!!

Then the door opened and we saw Bryan.

B- What are you two doing? Come on in.

We went in. Everyone was already there. Matt hugged his mom and dad.

(Mom- M, Dad- D)

M- *while hugging me* (y/n)!! I missed you so much. Oh my god! Look at you. You look beautiful.
Y- Thank you, Mrs. Fredericks.
D- *hugging me* My favourite child is here.

Matt, Joey and Sarah said 'HEY!!' at the same time. Dad laughed.

D- How are you?
Y- I am really good. How are you?
D- Fantastic.

Then Sarah came and hugged me.

S- (y/n), I seriously missed you so much. After you left, I had to deal with these two idiots alone.
J- Why is everyone here insulting us?
Matt- I don't know.
Y- *laughs* I missed you too, Sarah.
S- And I can't believe you missed my wedding.
Y- I am really sorry for that.
S- Apology accepted. Let me introduce you to my daughters.

She called her daughters and they came running.

S- This is Arianna. And this is Bella. Arianna, Bella this is your aunt (y/n).

I crouched down to say hello to them.

B- Mom, aunt (y/n) is cute.

I looked at Matt and he smiled.

Y- Thank you, Bella. But you both are more cuter than me.

They smiled and ran out in the backyard to play. A few minutes later, we all were talking when Bella came in.

B- Mommy!!
S- What's wrong, Bella.
B- Arianna is saying that aunt (y/n) is Uncle Matthias' bride. Is that true?

Everyone went silent. We looked at each other in shock. Mom and dad were laughing. When Matt said

M- It's true, Bella. She is my bride.
Y- *looking at him* What!?
M- *smiles* What? That's the reality.

I put my hand on my forehead and smiled. Bella ran away smiling and calling for Arianna.

Mom- *changing the topic* Ok, it's lunch time.

Me and Sarah went to the kitchen and helped mom to bring out the lunch. Sarah called her daughters. We sat at the table. I sat beside Matt. He squeezed my hand from under the table. I looked at him with a slight blush. I think Joey noticed us because he then cleared his throat. We ate our lunch and talked about the old times.

Dad- But now, we are glad that Matt finally found a girl and that girl is you, (y/n).
Mom- Exactly. I always wanted him to confess his feelings to you.
S- Yeah. But he never did until now. He was scared. *laughs*
Matt- I was not scared. I thought she'll never like me. And I didn't wanted to ruin our friendship. *looks at me* But now that I am with her, I feel complete.
J- Goals!!

After lunch, we played, we joked around, pranked Joey like we used to do when we were younger. It was time for us to leave.

Y- Thank you Mr. and Mrs. Fredericks for inviting me. I had a lot of fun today.
Mom- No. Thank you for coming. It was really nice meeting you again.
Dad- Yeah. It feels like finally we got our happy (y/n) again.

We hugged one last time and then Matt and I went to his car. He dropped me at my apartment.