Ch.1: Capturing the One Tails

Chapter 1: Capturing the One Tails

About three years had gone by with a blink of an eye. The blazing sun was shining down on the vast terrain of the many ninja lands. The chill of winter had left our bones, and the warmth of spring began to fill our veins. The sun seemed a bit brighter, and the colors a bit richer. Flowers were bursting from the ground giving the air a sweet smell. Animals emerged from their sleepy hollows to chitter and chatter. A crisp mist greeted people by morning and a warm night waved goodnight in the evenings.

It was a beautiful day for one to wake up. You would expect someone to be sleeping peacefully and let the sun shine on their faces through the window curtains. But not at the Akatsuki. Never was there a single day where you woke up peacefully.

There was always some commotion that woke everyone up; unless they were at different locations for missions. And today… was no different.

Naomi lay snuggled up in her dark blue silk sheets, her head softly resting upon her pillow. Because of the heat, one leg and a single arm was out of her cozy bundle. Puberty had done considerably well to her. No longer hiding behind her genjutsu, her long, black glossy hair fanned across her pillow in dark shades. Her long eyelashes swept across her cheeks as she breathed slowly. Ivory peach skin glistened under the sun; yet some scratches and small time faded scars adorned her hands from training and missions.

All in all, she was peacefully sleeping. Though of course, all sleeps are ruined. Her mind was oblivious to her surroundings at the moment; she didn’t know that intruders were entering her room.

Two heads poked inside the room and both snickered at each other. “Should we do it?” The silver haired member whispered to his partner in crime.

The blonde grinned cheekily, “Yeah. Her reaction will be priceless, hmm.” They looked at each other again until a mischievous smirk crossed their lips.

Kisame sat at the sofa relaxing his head while drinking a cup of hot tea. Itachi sat next to him looking over some Uchiha scroll and Sasori was sitting on the ground practicing his chakra string jutsu.

“It sure is quiet this morning. I’m surprised.” Sasori spoke up as he twitched fingers with chakra threads.

“Hn.”

“Where are the two knuckleheads?” Kisame asked while looking around.

“Must be sleeping…” Sasori trailed off as his comment was cut off by an angry scream.

“YOU TWO SONS OF BITCHES! I WILL FUCKING KILL YOU!”

“Heh,” Kisame chuckled “There they are. Like always, they’re waking Naomi up. I wonder what they used this time?”

“How can those two be in the Akatsuki will be beyond me.” Itachi finally commented as he went back to reading his scrolls.

Hidan and Deidara suddenly burst into the living room with burn marks on their butts. “I’ll kill her! She fucking burned us!” Hidan exclaimed.

Deidara merely hissed in pain as smoke escaped from his behind. “Well duh! She used her fireball jutsu.”

“What did you two misfits do this time?” Sasori curiously asked while keeping concentration on his chakra strings.

“We threw a bucket of ice cold water on her…” Hidan suddenly laughed at the memory of her waking up. Not a second later, a disheveled Naomi entered the room. Her hair dripping wet and droplets of water falling to the ground; her clothes stuck to her body like second skin making her feel even more uncomfortable.