Ch.25: Restoration

Ch.25: Restoration

It had been about two months since Naruto's ultimate prank. From that time, Naomi had returned to the village to get back to her normal lifestyle and missions. Sometimes she would go on missions alone, some with Sasuke, and the rest with Team 7. Now it was finally time for the new Hokage ceremony that all of the villagers were getting ready for.

"Are you ready Sasuke?" Naomi called back as she tried to clasp in her earrings while she looked at the mirror in front of her. A few seconds later, Sasuke came out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around his waist, as he ruffled his wet hair. "There you are, how long does it take to take a shower?" Naomi muttered, "Could you help me with my zipper, I can't seem to reach it."

Sasuke came behind her and promptly zipped up her dress that she had decided to wear for the ceremony. Kissing his cheeks in thanks, Naomi hustled around their bedroom to find her sandals, "How come I'm losing everything!"

"Where's Itachi?" Sasuke questioned as he slipped into his slightly formal, yet casual attire. Patting his hair down, he deemed it was fine enough as his couldn't really be shaped in another way.

"Umm..." Naomi pouted as her eyes landed on the sandals that were right at the corner, "Aha! Oh uh he already went when you were in the shower. They had called him early since he would be one of the ANBU that will be working with the Hokage." She explained strapping on her shoes while tripping around. "Okay, phew!"

"Ready?" he chuckled noticing her jumping around on one leg. Having enough, he picked her up and swung her in his arms, helping her put her shoe on.

"Woah!" she giggled, "My hero." Naomi teased as she noticed that her sandals were successfully on her feet, "I swear, I can fight off rogue shinobi like this and that, but I can't even put on a shoe."

Sasuke smirked, "Don't forget that you are still incapable of catching a fish." He retaliated making her glare at him.

"Yeah yeah, I know I don't have the skills. Anyway, let's go quickly! Otherwise we'll be late for the person's ceremony that's known for being late! Come on." She grinned, pulling him out the Uchiha compound and towards the other side of the village, near the mountains. The streets were mostly empty as most of the villagers were attending. As they got nearer, Naomi could see the large crowd standing below and looking up at the high balcony where Tsunade, Jiraiya, Kakashi, Itachi, and Shikaku Nara stood, along with other well known jounin.

"Looks you guys made it right on time," Naruto grinned at the two as they joined the rest of Team 7 and the other teams.

"He just wouldn't get out of the shower," Naomi shrugged with a chuckle, referring towards Sasuke who in return merely rolled his eyes.

"Have they said anything yet?"

"Nope; they're just starting the coronation just now."

"Shhh!! Sh! They're starting!"

...

Tsunade stood with a small smirk as she gracefully took off her red Hokage hat and placed it on Kakashi's head, who was currently kneeling with one of his fists placed on the ground. He closed his eyes as he felt the large hat obscure his face more-so than his mask already did.

"Do you, Kakashi Hatake, son of the White Fang of the Leaf, accept the position of Hokage?"

Kakashi nodded as he continued to kneel, finally answering, "I, Kakashi Hatake, accept the title of Sixth Hokage. I solemnly and sincerely promise that during my sovereignty: I will serve all of the villagers, shinobi or non-shinobi, of Konohagakure. I will act with integrity and diligence in my role to execute my duties. I will dually pass on the Will of Fire to all of my people, and to the best of my ability, preserve this land that my predecessors built."