Ch 16- Brotherly Love

((Just a warning, this chapter may be a bit long, but it is well worth it for the ending! I hope you enjoy!))

Sebastian ran around the corner as fast as he could manage, with was lightening speed for a demon. He skidded to a halt and took in the scene before him.

Luna was behind the hotel in the grass with a pool of blood surrounding her. It was all over. On her dress, in her hair, and even on her perfectly dainty hands.

William T. Spears and a few of the French Division grim reapers surrounded her. The scene was saddening enough to the point even William was making a face.

He felt his eyes widen and his chest tighten. He never imagined things would go this far.

*************

(A Few Days Prior)

Luna stuffed the last piece of clothing she could in her suitcase. Ciel had instructed her to pack a great deal for the trip, but she felt bad packing more than one case and nothing more would fit in this one. She would have more room if she unpacked her assassins uniform, but she never left without it and refused to start now.

"I will have to make due, I suppose," she sighed.

Queen Victoria was sending them to some University in Paris, France. However, the queen had specifically asked that Luna meet her privately at the Eiffel Tower for a short discussion. This confused her, Ciel, and Sebastian greatly, but it was not as if she could refuse. She had made sure to pack her best dress and fixings for the meeting.

"Lady Jill," Mey Rin said as she walked into the open doorway and knocked on the door. "The carriage is here. Would you like some help with your bag?"

"Alright. No, thank you. I can manage," Luna nodded her head. Mey Rin was about to walk away. "Actually, are Bard, Finny, and Mr. Tanaka in the foyer?"

"Yes, of course they is," Mey Rin replied. "Why do you ask?"

"I need to tell all of you something very important," she explained. "I will be down in a moment."

"Alright..." Mey Rin said, her head tilted in question. She walked away and headed downstairs.

Luna took a deep breath to steady herself before picking up her bag and walking out of the room.

****************

Jack's, or Luke's, as he now went by, head snapped to side as Alois slapped him across the face. He stared down at the ground, anger and shock evident on his face. It was not his fault the vase had broken, and yet he had somehow found a way to blame him.

"I knew when you came here alone it would be a mistake," Alois said in disgust. "You were not even worth the simple cost of your uniform." He stormed out of the room.

He looked up through his veil of hair as Claude's perfectly polished shoes came into view.

"I always knew you were not as good as your sister, but this is a new low," Claude said, his voice as emotionless as his face. He began walking toward where Alois had disappeared. "Maybe we can talk Lord Phantomhive into trading you for her." His voice faded as he too disappeared.

Luke lifted his head so that his face was visible. His brows were knitted together, his eyes wide and bloodshot, and his teeth were visible as he ground them together. All in anger.

Hannah, who had actually knocked over the vase, rushed over and kneeled beside him on the floor. She placed her hands on his shoulders and asked gently, "Are you alright?"