The Surprise: Tobias' Point of View

Chapter 13

When I wake up, Tris is sleeping soundly on the other side of the bed. I kiss her on the cheek and her eyes flutter open.

"Morning." Tris says.

"Morning. Hey you can go back to sleep for a little. I am going to make breakfast this morning."

"Really? Thanks!"

Soon after that short conversation, she falls back to sleep. I walk into the kitchen and start to crack some eggs into a pan.

By the time I am done, I have made 6 pancakes, 4 pieces of bacon, and 2 plates of scrambled eggs. I go to wake Tris up. As soon as I tap her shoulder, her eyes instantly open.

"Hey beautiful, breakfast is done. Are you hungry?"

"Of course!"

------------PAGE BREAK---------------

When we finish eating, we only have 1 pancake left, and 1/2 of a plate of eggs. Today is the day.

"Hey Tris, do you mind if we go down to the Chasm for a bit?"

"No, let's go!"

I'm so glad she said that.

We walk hand in hand down to the Chasm.

--------PAGE BREAK/ SWITCHING TO TRIS' POINT OF VIEW--------

When Tobias and I get there we stand on our rock in our favorite spot in the Chasm. I look down to the stream of water running below us. When I look up, I see Tobias, on one knee.

"Tris Prior, you are the love of my life. I have loved you since you were an initiate. You are beautiful, smart, and I love you. Will you marry me?"

Oh my gosh. I love Tobias so much.

"Yes! Of course!"

He slips the ring on my finger. When he is sliding it on, I realize that it has the colors of Abnegation and Dauntless. It also has a heart in the middle. On the inside, the numbers 4+6. This is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. I am so lucky to have Tobias.

" I love you so much, Tobias."

"And I love you, Tris."

We walk hand in hand back to the apartment and decide on watching a movie. After that we go down to the cafeteria to get some Dauntless cake, Tobias' idea.

When we get there Chris and Will are sitting at our usual table, eating a cheeseburger.

"Hey Tris!"

"Hey!"

I show her my ring.

"Oh my gosh! Tris! Congratulations!"

"Thanks!"

We all sit and talk for about 15 minutes and then Tobias and I head back up to our room and go to sleep.

------------END------------

Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed! Thanks for reading! By the way, ignore the 'not an update' authors note. Thanks! Also, the picture at the top is a wedding ring that sorta looks like Tris' ring.

-Xrachel4646X